• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for all pink slipping Jake fans

carolinaAl

Who the %^&^% do we replace him with?

Simple question.

Are there any Matt Cassels hiding on somebodies bench we don't know about.

Ryan adn Flacco were flukes. You may draft a Qb to grrom but you do not generally draft one to start.

So say we carry out your plans and pink slip Jake.

What next??????????????

Who the %^&^% do we replace him with?

Simple question.

Are there any Matt Cassels hiding on somebodies bench we don't know about.

Ryan adn Flacco were flukes. You may draft a Qb to grrom but you do not generally draft one to start.

So say we carry out your plans and pink slip Jake.

What next??????????????

That's a scary question but a good one. However, most (including myself) may not like the answer: NO ONE!

Free agency is not a good place to find future QBs and there's slim picking in this year's FA crop will excite anyone. We have no first round pick (not complaining, getting Otah was a good move), getting a future QB this year is out of the question. A third point is, Fox will stick with Delhomme come hell or high water and there's no reason to think he won't be the starter in 2009 as long as Fox is calling the shots.

Beyond next year (when his contract expires), who knows?

:patriot:

Jake aint gonna live forever boys & girls. Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Very true, and there lies the problem. The organization has placed all of their "eggs" in Jake's basket w/o planning for the future for too long. They tried Carr, but he was a colossal failure. Matt Moore? I'm not sold on him yet, and I'm of the thinking that undrafted players are such for a reason. I'm not sure sitting for 2-3 years watching Delhomme is the best development plan, but unfortunately, it seems like the only "development plan" Fox's coaching staff has in place for QBs. I guess getting a real QB coach would be too much to expect.

Delhomme comes back next season but you have to have him accountable. Put pressure on him with a capable back up.

Is it a free agent? is it Matt Moore? Don not laugh but is it Josh Mccown?? He has the same skill set (better feet) as Delhomme but has a better arm and has a year under his belt in the offense. Just make it competitive...and have the "cohonies" to deliver some tough love. That's you Foxie!!

This morning on local sports radio they threw out Kerry Collins name. Kerry stated he will only play next year if he is a starter and that will probably not happen in TN with so much invested in Vince Young. Don't kill the messenger...just found that name being tossed around rather interesting considering the history. He does still live in the area also........

When you get your ass kicked, it's really hard to blame one person. I blame Jake a lot BUT I really think Fox and his game plan is more to blame for the Arizona loss than Jake or even the o-line. We were beat by a better coaching staff. Arizona wanted it more, their team was more focused, bottomline.

As far as QB. The Panthers need to do something. Keep Jake because there really is nobody much better out there BUT the Eagles had to give Donovan a scare and we needed to give Jake one after the Raiders performance.

The signs were there. Didn't even really feel confident going into this game with Jake? I didn't. I watched tape of our last 6 games and really felt he had lost himself.

Even if Jake plays well, we are crazy as a team not to be preparing a replacement for him. Sooner or later he's going to get too old to play, not to mention injuries happen in this league and we need to have a plan. I don't know if our backups now are that person or not.

Archived