• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diagnose my shoulder problem...

Darth Biscuit

my first recommendation would to stop doing these things!

Wow, thanks. Such a help.

It wasn't any one event--just 3 weeks ago, started out with a dull ache and 2 weeks ago, very sharp pain every time I moved my arm away from my body.

As it turns out, I had X-rays this morning, and I have calcium deposits--little pellets all around my tricep, bicep and tendons. You can't dissolve them, the only option is to get them taken out. I am not yet to that point, and don't know that I ever will be. Got 2 cortisone shots, though, so that should hold me for a while.

Well that sucks... they did x-rays on me too this morning, but he couldn't really tell anything so he ordered the MRI. Now I have to wait and see if the insurance will approve it.

Well that sucks... they did x-rays on me too this morning, but he couldn't really tell anything so he ordered the MRI. Now I have to wait and see if the insurance will approve it.

Good luck with that. If you do have the MRI, it will show you everything that's going on in there--then you can do something about it.

So the Dr.'s office calls to schedule my MRI... it's gonna cost me $550... :eek: Holy sh*t. I knew my insurance sucked, but crap. Gotta get it fixed... if they do this and tell me they can't figure out what's wrong, I'm gonna be pissed.

That's what we had to pay for Dan's MRI. His meniscus is torn, which is about the same as a rotator cuff being torn I'm pretty sure of. But his was a slight tear and Dr said he should heal on his own, to be careful. Surgery will depend on where the tear is and how big the tear is, you might not need it. Takes a long time to heal. Use RICE.

I had a Dx of a torn rotator cuff several years ago but I never went in for an MRI. I used to clean newly constructed houses & my injury was from overuse & repetition. I still have issues with it, it's hurting right now. I use Mobic for relief, it works if I take it everyday.

ya I'll mail u a raincheck.

Thanks... :rolleyes:

That's what we had to pay for Dan's MRI. His meniscus is torn, which is about the same as a rotator cuff being torn I'm pretty sure of. But his was a slight tear and Dr said he should heal on his own, to be careful. Surgery will depend on where the tear is and how big the tear is, you might not need it. Takes a long time to heal. Use RICE.

I had a Dx of a torn rotator cuff several years ago but I never went in for an MRI. I used to clean newly constructed houses & my injury was from overuse & repetition. I still have issues with it, it's hurting right now. I use Mobic for relief, it works if I take it everyday.

Thanks for the advice LiaG... the rest thing hasn't worked... I've stayed off of it for two months and it's killing me. I'm hoping this will show them what's up with it. I'm to the point where it's affecting work and sleep.

Archived