• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poison Ivy Cure

Johnny Rockets

I am still alive. I put mineral spirits/ paint thinner on it and then put some white shoe polish on top of that (I read that works also). Laid around for about 20 minutes while it burned then washed it off. Then put aloe and toothpaste on it for awhile. Woke up this morning and nothing seemed to change other than it still burns a bit.

I did go to the doctor last time and got a steroid pack to get rid of it quicker. Wasn't a big fan of the side affects so I stopped taking it and gave the rest to a coworker who has the same thing.

Might stop by the store and check out the Tecnu stuff or possibly the witch doctor Cosmo recommended. I am heading to the lake this weekend, so I need to get rid of this before then.

Thanks for all of the recommendations.

Different kind....not the race horse grade muscle building ones that I would love to get my hands on. It was like prednisone which swells your face up. I don't need help with that.

Whew. I was about to say, what kind of Jersey Boy are you anyway?

Lol @ the witch doc. She is very good - people from all over come to see her. My first time seeing her she was running late brcause a couple from NY had come to see her (and they were repeat customers).

Her products are great too. I ran out of her Pau D'Arco and picked some up at another vitamin store and my skin stuff isn't as controlled as when using hers. I'm placing my order today.

Well here it is day 4 of the poison attack on my jugular vein and it is not going well. Pretty sure I only have hours left on this earth because the poison ivy is winning and is covering a large portion of my neck and upper chest. I have tried paint thinner, carb cleaner, shoe polish, aloe, acne cream, bleach with water, straight bleach, lava soap, excessive trips to a tanning bed to try to burn it off, and last night GOJO soap and this nazi ivy shows no signs of retreating.

Now it looks like I will have to skip the Shake the Lake party up at Lake Norman and go to the stupid Panthers game instead. D*mn you Nazi Poison Ivy.....d*mn youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss shake the lake. used to live right across catawba from it in those apartments, and would just walk to it.

My buddy has a condo and boat slip in that cove. We get on his boat and pull about 50 yards out and listen to the bands and party the day away. The things that you see on that day.......oh my.

Archived