• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had a good night last night...

Darth Biscuit

this may sound selfish, but the hell with it.

the wife is trying to sell me on her being home all the time once I get us to the right income. argues she'll have all the chores done, with exception of mowing, and dinner will be on the table when I get home. i just don't see this happening even when the kid gets to preschool age. she'll be worn out from taking care of the kid, and i'll come home to make my dinner, wash my clothes, yada yada ya, and not have time for the kid because of the amount of responsibility I've taken on.

i pray it doesn't happen that way.

I had the same conversation with my wife. Difference is she was a self proclaimed slob when we met and hadn't made much progress in that department when we started talking about kids.

It was rough for me at first, coming home to a filthy house, no dinner prospects in sight, and her handing me the baby when I walk in the door and she collapses on the couch.

To her credit, she has totally become a mom/housewife and is doing an awesome job now. She cooks dinner (never did that before the baby) and does an acceptable job of cleaning(<<neat freak). I still have to help with chores on the weekends and all, but most weeknights I come home to a nice dinner and a smiling mom and little boy.

That right there makes it all worth it.

I had the same conversation with my wife. Difference is she was a self proclaimed slob when we met and hadn't made much progress in that department when we started talking about kids.

It was rough for me at first, coming home to a filthy house, no dinner prospects in sight, and her handing me the baby when I walk in the door and she collapses on the couch. What i fear

To her credit, she has totally become a mom/housewife and is doing an awesome job now. She cooks dinner (never did that before the baby) and does an acceptable job of cleaning(<<neat freak). I still have to help with chores on the weekends and all, but most weeknights I come home to a nice dinner and a smiling mom and little boy. what i expect and am promised

That right there makes it all worth it.

I stayed at home with the kids for 8 years from 1999-2007. I felt fortunate to be able to do that, but when my littlest one went off to kindergarten I was ready to go back to work and contribute again. Ironically for the first few years my house was spotless. Everybody always commented how clean it was when they would come in to our house and it was always clean so I was always inviting people to come over anytime for dinner and to watch a game.

But then I found the huddle in 04 and everything went to hell around the house.

Archived