• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened to Ken Lucas?

Sam Mills Fan

Maybe Smitty f*cked his eye sight up when he beat him up?

I was thinking something like that only, maybe after that fight he didn't really want to be here anymore. Even though he said he forgave Smitty. But maybe he wanted out, and a bad year is the usually way.

Will be interesting to see what Fitzgerald can do against the Philly defense. After that game we will get a good feeling of what you can do to stop him.

Put 2 defenders on him maybe? Rocket science, I know!!!

Watching the replay.

Marshall got beat like a drum over and over and over again.

Lucas bit on play action pass (no surprise there)

There were times when only the two safeties were on Fitzgerald.

There were other times when Brayton and / or Beason was on Fitzgerald.

You just have to wonder about Marshall...the guy might be a great special teamer; but, honestly his 15 yard penalty and being run out of position by Fitzgerald on more than one occassion.

The replay was very interesting.

It also, to me, clearly showed offensive holding on Lewis on that TD by James to make it 14-7...I mean, the guy tackled Lewis. Probably not to worry, they would have found some other way to score.

As far as Delhomme, nothing new on replay...bad decisions, plan and simple.

No one wants to hear it, but I think the big reason Lucas regressed this year is Godfrey, Godfrey missed so many assignments and Lucas was always having to worry about covering for him, and hes getting old.

I agree. I am a fan of Godfrey and think he was a steal of a pick, but just like most rookies he was out of place from time to time and alot of those times people placed the blame on Lucas. Yes, he is getting older, but like some others have pointed out, let him bump the reciever and we would see a more effective corner, not to mention our Dline got no pressure on the qbs the final 4 weeks.

when we signed him lucas was defintley one of the best zone CBs in the leauge, and that year he played well enough to earn a top 3 ranking in one of the publications I liked to read

He had some odd injuries here and there in 06, most serious would be his shouldler, he didn't tackle like he used to

07 was more of the same

this year he's just played bad and really should have his deal restructured with the current situation we are in

most notably though is that we have lost almost all of the talent we used to have on the defensive line, we are not getting pressure with our front 4 and we are having to blitz alot more than we are used to

compare peppers, buckner, carstens, rucker, and wallace to our current crop of D-lineman, it's not even close

we just need to get back to john fox style football and get more talent on the D-line quick, our offense saved our asses this year

Archived