• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A glimmer of hope.

pantherj

At this point, I've resigned myself to the likelihood that at least the first half of this season will be terrible. Matt Moore looked to be slightly better than Jake at his worst, which simply isn't good enough to beat even average NFL teams.

Why do I have hope for this season?

1.) Our special teams have improved greatly since pre-season.

2.) We still have a talented core of players on offense and defense.

3.) Our run defense was fantastic before they wore down.

4.) Matt Moore has a concussion, and as a result I strongly suspect that Jimmy Clausen might start against TB. If he does, then I think there is a chance that he might win the starting job. All Clausen has to do is manage the game. And remember, TB has a 'budget' team with terrible run defense. This increases the odds that Clausen will have a good day, and that might be enough to unseat Jake... I mean Moore. Clausen is the main reason I have hope that we'll have a good season.

With Moore at QB, I think we might as well step back and separate our emotions from him. I was burned many times by Jake, but once I started laughing at Jake, things became a lot easier. Moore looked like a clown out there, and that's unacceptable. I refuse to emotionally back a guy who looks like he isn't even trying. And suppose he was trying. Then he's extremely incompetent and ill-prepared.

I am a Panther fan, but I'm against Matt Moore starting from here on out. A snap judgement? Possibly, but in the wake of the Jake disaster, I'm in a snap judgement kind of mood. Undrafted dolts who make moronic decisions with the ball are on my sh!t list.

If Moore had played decent against the NYG, then I'd be all for giving him more time to improve. As it is, this may be the last season of football anyone enjoys for a while with the lockout looming. I'd rather watch Jimmy go through some growing pains, than Moore play like he's been paid off by the mob to throw the season.

Archived