• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers ain't going anywhere...

Samuel L. Jackson

Dimbee - I don't buy the fact that Peppers is feeling the heat in Carolina and is looking to vacate. If anything, signing a huge contract with a new team is going to bring more pressure to bear (no pun intended) than simply signing a new deal in the place he is already used to playing.

I'm a firm believer that Pepp wants a fresh start in a new scheme that allows him to use his talents more than he believes they are being used now, although you'll never hear him come out and say it.

For the Panthers, having someone like Pepp leave for those reasons could make it similarly unattractive for recruiting free agents to play for the Panthers. Losing a quiet leader speaks louder than losing someone like a T.O. who complains no matter what role they play on the team.

That's possible. I also think Mr. Scot has a valid argument too - though at this point Pep might not even want to play under Fox anymore if you want to go down that line of thinking.

I don't think the Panthers are just going to let him walk in FA. I do think that the only way Peppers is here next season is if he's franchised, and his agent can't work out a trade. Otherwise, he's playing on another team next season.

I wouldn't call it "my argument" per se. Yeah, I thought about it, but so did others. It's essentially just an educated guess that me and several others who watch the team are making.

I'd agree there's no way the team lets him go without getting something in return.

I have to agree with Sam Jack...Pepp loves Carolina , always have and all of his friends / family is here. BUT ..he has been seen with a nice lookin' young lady lately..who's from Texas. Pepp has made a statement in an interview that if he were to live anywhere else where would it be and he said Texas, so...it could be related..don't know. BUT...he also knows the impact it would have on the fans if he leaves..so I feel he would try to avoid leaving as much as possible. But there WILL NOT be things he will tolerate if he does AND it would be a short contract ...especially if the influence of other players makes a difference.

For as little as Peppers has spoken over the past few years I take what he said as what he means. He isnt trying to use this as leverage. I really think that he wants out. Power to him. We have these options: Tag him and trade his ass. The only thing that will kill me is if we trade him and dont use the money elsewhere. At this point I think this locks up Gross for the future, which I think we all agree is more important. 2. We tag him and nobody steps up with a trade offer and he really plays his ass off (under a new DC), decides he wants to stay for the long term or gets more money for having 17 sacks.

But I say "Get your popcorn ready, because its gonna be a show"

PS - Id like to see the money spent on Albert Haynesworth and Terrell Suggs. Cut Ken Lucus and sign Nnamdi

For as little as Peppers has spoken over the past few years I take what he said as what he means. He isnt trying to use this as leverage. I really think that he wants out. Power to him. We have these options: Tag him and trade his ass. The only thing that will kill me is if we trade him and dont use the money elsewhere. At this point I think this locks up Gross for the future, which I think we all agree is more important. 2. We tag him and nobody steps up with a trade offer and he really plays his ass off (under a new DC), decides he wants to stay for the long term or gets more money for having 17 sacks.

But I say "Get your popcorn ready, because its gonna be a show"

PS - Id like to see the money spent on Albert Haynesworth and Terrell Suggs. Cut Ken Lucus and sign Nnamdi

we don't even have close to enough money to sign both suggs and Haynesworth plus Nnamdi especially if we sign gross. We'd have to cut lewis, lucas, hackett, landon johnson, and a few other players to afford anything like that. Right now before signing peppers and gross we have 10 million in cap room.

I am in agreement that part of the reason he wants out is they way we use him. I don't think Trgovac hasn't a clue on how to use such a talent. For the quality players we have I think our defense could have been much better than they were.

Reading his comment I believe they are going to sign and trade him. As long as it isn't an NFC South team I will accept this deal. Gotta be a least what they got for J. Allen.

Go Panthers

You and SLJ're pretty close, huh?

Not really. I think the majority of the time we've disagreed.

I don't know whether his source was valid or not. He says his source told him one thing then changed his mind. Could be true. Could be false. Result's the same either way.

Archived