• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Idea for Panthers: Team Honors/Recognition (what do you think?)

DawgzLife

I was just posting in another thread about Hoover & how he should be on an honorable list of Panthers. The Hall of Honor only has 2 inductees, which is obviously reserved for very high level acheivement/contibutions (it is Sam Mills & Mike McCormick who are both 'very' deserving). They also list the PSL owners, which makes sense, but that is a diffferent issue altogether.

My thought is: I think that there should be another desgination for players, coaches, etc. who have made significant contributions, but maybe not to the level of Hall of Honor.

How many of us would love to see guys who've built this team through character, effort, & individual perfomance to be recongized in a formal way? It should not be based on years of service, but quality of service & character' also not be easy to get in.

I reviewed the roster since 1995 (15 years) & found 9 players I would consider worthy, plus 6 with a good chance to be in at some point in the next 5-10 years. That averages out to 1 player per year, which does not seem overwhelming to me.

Guys like: Hoover; Wesley Walls; Kevin Greene; Mike Minter; Mike Rucker; Michael Bates; Eric Davis; Nick Goings; maybe Karl Hankton (special teams captain & ace for years);

Guys who could some day get in (already deserving, but still active or possibly active): Steve Smith; John Kasey; Mushin Muhammed

Other guys who may some day qualify but have to prove for longer period of time (active team): DeWill; Beason; Gamble; Gross

Guys still playing, but for other teams: Delhomme; Julius Peppers ( could be considered for performance, but is very arguable, but he did make major contributions...but HE LEFT IN A WAY THAT WOULD PRECLUDE HIM IN MY OPINION though).

What does everyone think? Who would you add or remove form the list? Or discuss some your memories of guys on this list.

.......dude! We are busy beating up Moore and love'n on Jimmy!! :)

Yeah, I know...sorry to add team discussion into our collective panic! :D

Haha (kidding, as I assume yours was). I just can't get into that debate b/c I haven't seen enough of Clausen yet to be too excited or depressed. after next Sunday I may join the 'ledge club' or 'pep rally club'!

Yeah, I know...sorry to add team discussion into our collective panic! :D

Haha (kidding, as I assume yours was). I just can't get into that debate b/c I haven't seen enough of Clausen yet to be too excited or depressed. after next Sunday I may join the 'ledge club' or 'pep rally club'!

I was.

Who knows. We'll see.

Archived