• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A look at team spending for 2010

pantherj

According to Forbes, the Panthers are the 12th most valuable franchise in the NFL. I think we are valued at $1.6 billion? Too lazy to google the article.

How do you place value on a franchise? Serious question - I would think it would depend on revenue produced and I dont see the panthers in the top half of the league though I really dont have a clue.

we're 0-2 because our team sucks, simple as that. you can't base that on what people make. bottom line, they're all still human beings, regardless of how many zeros are on their paycheck. and if they aren't coached right, you end up with an 0-2 start.

i don't understand people's bickering on here. we just sat through six months of no-football land. i'd rather my team suck or do ok than to not be watching football at all. which could possibly happen (but i doubt it) in the next year or so. i still support my team, regardless of how much spending they do in the offseason. that's what a true die-hard fan would do for their team. support them through the hard times and good. so what if JR doesn't feel like spending. there's nothing we, as fans, can do about it. cept plot an assassination attempt... which i'm not saying i am... at all.

we're 0-2 because our team sucks, simple as that. you can't base that on what people make. bottom line, they're all still human beings, regardless of how many zeros are on their paycheck. and if they aren't coached right, you end up with an 0-2 start.

i don't understand people's bickering on here. we just sat through six months of no-football land. i'd rather my team suck or do ok than to not be watching football at all. which could possibly happen (but i doubt it) in the next year or so. i still support my team, regardless of how much spending they do in the offseason. that's what a true die-hard fan would do for their team. support them through the hard times and good. so what if JR doesn't feel like spending. there's nothing we, as fans, can do about it. cept plot an assassination attempt... which i'm not saying i am... at all.

That 6 months and watching the Panthers' off season allowed me to gain a new perspective for this season. I have absolutely no expectations for this year and I'm not going to be surprised by anything this team does. That being said, there is nothing I enjoy more than watching football on Sundays and the occasional Saturday.

The infamous 1-15 season where we missed but one home game on one end of the spectrum and waiting for the team buses to return from the NFCCG in Philly after the 2003 season on the other end. It's been 16 seasons of sitting in the stadium hoping for some more magical moments that have been missing for several years and for the first time we're talking about dialing back the season to maybe 4-5 games a year and selling our seats for the others. There's not a lot better than the NFL on Sundays, but I'm starting to feel like my investment in PSLs isn't really showing any return.

That 6 months and watching the Panthers' off season allowed me to gain a new perspective for this season. I have absolutely no expectations for this year and I'm not going to be surprised by anything this team does. That being said, there is nothing I enjoy more than watching football on Sundays and the occasional Saturday.

The infamous 1-15 season where we missed but one home game on one end of the spectrum and waiting for the team buses to return from the NFCCG in Philly after the 2003 season on the other end. It's been 16 seasons of sitting in the stadium hoping for some more magical moments that have been missing for several years and for the first time we're talking about dialing back the season to maybe 4-5 games a year and selling our seats for the others. There's not a lot better than the NFL on Sundays, but I'm starting to feel like my investment in PSLs isn't really showing any return.

Magical moments are the best part of watching football, but I also enjoy the violence of the sport. I get a lot of enjoyment in watching a guy like Beason play like a HOF LB and light people up, even if we lose. But then again, I'm not paying for PSLs, so we have a differernt perspective.

Everybody by now knows that we are WAY under any cap number that is negotiated this year.

Everybody knows that JR tried to play it cheap this year and cut some vets and not bring any FA in.

Does anybody realise the amount of money we will have next year and the amount of FA that are going to be available because of the " 6 year untill UFA" clause? We have the chance to stack this team with some serious YOUNG talent next year or the year after.

• 3 months later...

Redskins: $178.2 million. Out.

Cowboys: $166.5 million. Out.

Saints: $145.0 million. In.

Vikings: $143.4 million. Out.

Seahawks: $138.8 million. In.

Jets: $135.7 million. In.

Packers: $135.3 million. In.

Raiders: $135.2 million. Out.

Colts: $133.1 million. In.

Bears: $131.9 million. In.

Eagles: $131.0 million. In.