• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Playcalling Sabotaged this game

trucpfan

What you are making my point for me ITS CALLED DECEPTION. Since we only run screens to our best pass catching run back lets try it to Dwill his ass can catch just fine please believe me Ive seen him from Memphis up untill today. Our best reciever barely touches the ball when he is in so whoa nelly he's out o f**king k we have other PROFESSIONALS who get paid mightly to do their job. Rookie this blah blah f**king exscuses and I dont want to hear that poo from no one, last year A ROOKIE qb Matt Staff lead his team down the field throwing to rookie tight end a few scrub recievers and a second year stud reciever to win the game included in that was a two point conversion so kill the damn exscuses for why we dont run better plays there is no exscuse.

If you don't want to read it, perhaps you should not be reading message boards. He's rookie, that affects playcalling and its been that way for as long as the NFL has existed.

The correct plays were called in the last series of downs. They were not well executed. That can be blamed on the coaches, but 90% of the coaches in the league.

BTW, Stafford had more int's than td's last year, so not sure why you are using him as an example. That just proves my point that coaches should not take risk with rookie QB's when they don't need to.

Is that you John Fox?? First I think the Panthers were lucky to even be in the game today. That being sad the overall loss is WHY I have been and am SOO done with Fox. He has NONE, ZERO, killer instinct, creativity or inability to mix anything up. This fan base has been giving him excuses far to long. Now its the post I quoted up top. That is b.s. You mean on that last drive or any other drive for that matter you cant show the run and do a quick pass out to the flat, screen, or something?? No instead its play for a 50yrd field goal. Yeah D'Will should have just gone up the middle but the play calling sucked again ALL game. How about the fact I heard all game how the Saints secondary were all out and hurt. Yet there were ZERO deep balls thrown all game. The team is 0-3, on the road, getting breaks all game and Fox just does the same sh*t all day. Keep it close, keep it close, and lets just try to keep getting lucky one more time and win it in the end. My beef is the play calling and the offense all game. No more excuses. This Panther team is so agonizing to watch and the current coaching staff has much more of the blame than the fact a rookie QB is playing and their best WR got hurt.

If the criticisms of Fox are valid, then I agree with them. When they are absurd, I call them out.

Your slipping if you think that put it all in perspective they have a battered secondary we need more than just a few yards on top of that. Yeah we could have gained a few and tried a 50 -48 yard field goal but why the hell do we have to be right on the brink of field goal range lets stop this conservative bullshit and get twenty yards which in turn gives us a easy game winner. The possesion prior to them scoring we ran two times in a row trying to eat up clock come on piss poor play calling, just tell me how many reverses we ran because if you cant throw to smitty usually you want to at least get it in his hands some way possible. One screen good yardage NEVER AGAIN Davidson scratches that off like yeah it worked so were good lets go with the plays that arent working untill they work. Hey I usually dont EVER say this but lets get top five pick and see what the future holds, oh yeah play f**king Armanti we invested to much not to give the kid game experience. Go panthers looking for a way NOT TO BEAT OURSELVES..

hey, those are a lot of words.

Anyway, consider this. If we had passed, 2nd and 8, and it hadn't worked (and trust me there are tons of ways a pass can fail us), right now people would be crying that we have no team identity and we didn't run it up the gut against the 31st ranked run defense in the league.

People cry when things go bad, and immediately want the opposite of what happened. So naturally, it was the choice of play, regardless of what actually happened.

Anyway, consider this. If we had passed, 2nd and 8, and it hadn't worked (and trust me there are tons of ways a pass can fail us), right now people would be crying that we have no team identity and we didn't run it up the gut against the 31st ranked run defense in the league.

People cry when things go bad, and immediately want the opposite of what happened. So naturally, it was the choice of play, regardless of what actually happened.

Sorry, but being rational is not allowed. :)

I actually liked the call to run on 2nd and 8.

Williams made a bad mistake and has to be smarter than that.

Is that you John Fox?? First I think the Panthers were lucky to even be in the game today. That being sad the overall loss is WHY I have been and am SOO done with Fox. He has NONE, ZERO, killer instinct, creativity or inability to mix anything up. This fan base has been giving him excuses far to long. Now its the post I quoted up top. That is b.s. You mean on that last drive or any other drive for that matter you cant show the run and do a quick pass out to the flat, screen, or something?? No instead its play for a 50yrd field goal. Yeah D'Will should have just gone up the middle but the play calling sucked again ALL game. How about the fact I heard all game how the Saints secondary were all out and hurt. Yet there were ZERO deep balls thrown all game. The team is 0-3, on the road, getting breaks all game and Fox just does the same sh*t all day. Keep it close, keep it close, and lets just try to keep getting lucky one more time and win it in the end. My beef is the play calling and the offense all game. No more excuses. This Panther team is so agonizing to watch and the current coaching staff has much more of the blame than the fact a rookie QB is playing and their best WR got hurt.

Great post! Saved me some typing. I can't believe people are trying to defend the playcalling.

What I said wasn't clear really - playcalling made it appear they were happy playing for a long FG attempt instead of pushing the ball further into Saints territory to make the kick easier.

I can agree with that.

Of course, if Wiliams got around the end there, it would have been a relatively easy fg attempt. And we would have been kicking it with almost no time left on the clock, which means no chance for Brees to try to win it.

Archived