• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When we lose to Chicago...

Samuel L. Jackson

I have had feeling since training camp that there is a major rift now between the Hurney and Fox. And we already know that all isn't daisies between JR and Fox considering the contract situation.

I think that going into this season Fox still had a chance of proving he was worth and getting a good extention offer from the Panther to remain the coach. Fox's perspective was that he shouldn't have to prove anything and we now have a 0-4 team with loads of youth and a coach uninterested in developing them.

I think there is more to the possibility of Fox getting fired than just the bad start. Hurney and Fox, reading between the lines on a lot of this, seemed to disagree with a lot of roaster moves heading into the season. i.e. Jarrett. Fox wanted nothing to do with him, Hurney wanted him on the team. I don't think Clausen was ever going to see the field as a regular starter if it was up to Fox alone.

There is a "youth movement" in place in Carolina and even if fans don't like the way the Panthers are going about it, there is a plan in place. Fox, imo, doesn't seem to be going along with the plan and ultimently that is what may get him fired during the bye week. Even if we win the game agaisnt the Bears.

I actually think we beat Chicago. But if we do lose to them then I don't really see what good could come out of firing Fox and promoting Meeks. IMO Meeks is not an NFL head coach. If he were capable then he would have been hired by now IMO.

Let Fox ride out his 4-5 wins and then can him and bring in an offensive mind that wants to keep Meeks in the fold. Gruden IMO would be a perfect fit. He loves coaching up QBs and IMO has a perfect attitude for a team as young as we are. He is a player's coach who I think will be able to connect with some of the young guys.

We can, but I don't think we will...

Right now, the Offense is a mess and isn't showing signs of improvement... The Defense is getting worn out, and will end up getting beat by Olsen and Forte if Cutler can't go or sucks it up...

You know me as an optimist most of the time, but last game, even though we looked a little better, ended up making me feel like we are done for the year...

The only saving grace will be that Smitty is out (go figure), and Clausen will be the man on the offense... He can either gel with guys he is more familiar with playing with, or be eaten alive by an aggressive defense...

Archived