• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My iPad

cookinwithgas

Knock apple all you want, but their stuff just works. Take it out of the box, there is no user manual. Just turn it on and start using it. Ever notice how every cell phone on the market now is an iphone rip off? Thats how you know who the real innovators are. Now here come the flood of iPad rip offs, none as user friendly, but juiced up with features i don't need or want. Do i really need yet another camera? Good lord.

I don't recall hearing anyone on here bash their hardware, I certainly haven't... they do make good stuff. Where they continue to screw up is by forcing consumers to do everything their way... iPhone only on AT&T, the restrictive nature of iTunes, etc.

If they hadn't had that exclusivity contract with AT&T, me and a bunch of others would have had an iPhone years ago. Just because you don't want extra features doesn't mean someone else doesn't... and just because a device is a "rip off" of someone else's idea doesn't mean it can't end up being better.

Got one because it made sense for showing my photography Portfolios. I only got the 16 gig version. There is a free app called zumocast that allows you to play media on your ipad from your pc while you are home. Pretty sweet.

I use SmugMug to store all my photos and theres an app for it that makes it look like the Photos app on the iPad which is great for showing pics off.

I've been thinking about picking one up, but the fact that they're not flash capable is a concern. I'm hoping that will be fixed on the next release.

How's the WiFi on the iPad. Any issues with it?

wouldn't count on it, apple is pushing html 5 really hard.

I've been thinking about picking one up, but the fact that they're not flash capable is a concern. I'm hoping that will be fixed on the next release.

How's the WiFi on the iPad. Any issues with it?

HTML5 is about to be the death of flash and I'm glad. Getting tired of Adobe's completely broken source that they kept putting out for these mobile platforms so Apple told them basically to fug off.

Wifi? No issues at all.

iPad is a great toy. I used it on the road for news and movies but once I'm at home I just use my Macbook.

• 2 weeks later...

ipad is the greatest device ever created. And you can print from the ipad with certain apps. Zumocast is the greatest app since it allows you to buy the 16g version (and zumocast is free). You can also get around the no flash issue with some creative VNC applications.

the camera kit is a photographers dream. So much easier to carry an ipad then a netbook.

reading vs. a kindle is has pros/cons. Reading at night in bed goes to the ipad, just use a black background with white letters (ibooks wont allow black background, so use kindle app). For sunlight, there is a nushield screen protector that helps the ipad, but kindle wins this one. Kindle is also featherweight compared to ipad.

since i purchased my ipad, i never use my laptop anymore. If you have an HTPC with zumocast running and VNC, the ipad becomes the best device ever.

Archived