• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My iPad

cookinwithgas

I won this one, buying one is such an indulgence for a guy like me - although I have been considering it for weeks, as figuring out where to store books once I read them has become a real issue for me. I've had an iPod Touch for a couple of years and it's been great, this thing just takes everything I love about that and makes it much more usable.

I think iPad will have printer support in the next OS release. The new Droid could be great too, I have no experience with it.

Panthers8192, now that I have had it for a month in use at my house and at hotels etc - yes I would pay for one. It's that useful to me. The idea of having a laptop in the bed does not appeal to me at all, but this thing is like having a book on your nightstand that does 100x more. I like seeing whats up on facebook before I go to bed on a decent screen with the ability to post some text - my blackberry has FB but it's slow, clunky and hard to read. If your PC is your SUV and your phone is your moped, this is your sports car that when you don't have to do a ton of things, works great and is a blast to use.

That's a very good description/analogy CWG. I could see the iPad being very useful for "work" for someone like a teacher, lab tech, librarian, nurse, etc. who has to stand and walk around a lot. For people like me that sit and work, you can't replace a laptop/desktop... but at home just goofing online, reading, etc. I could see it being perfect.

Those new droid tabs look cool too... I think Samsung already has one out...

the only thing I would be worried about is battery life. I am amazed on how long the battery lasts on this thing. I am sure they made it that big (and heavy) because people like me bitched so much about the iPod Touch battery.

I will have camera envy, however the new iPad will have that as well I think.

What's great about these devices is that they are making computing more natural and less techy - if you are willing to deal with a more restrictive subset of features.

Archived