• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's Marital Debate...

Darth Biscuit

You have to essentially subtract out a week out of the month...but in those three remaining weeks. Strive for 2...might get three...might get one. Life has a way of getting in the way and where you have dry spells you have "wet" spells.

Here's the best advice I can give from someone that's been married 16 years and has two kids (9yo and 5yo). Don't think she flips on/off like a light switch and it's her duty, but absolutely remind her that the moment she feels like having sex is a chore...you want no part of it. Just as she has "needs" regarding the supposed romantic part of that...so do males in regard to getting nice time. There's no quota. There's no chalkboard to keep score. Don't fall into a rut.

Hell...we've gone through cycles where she's allowed too much tv (House, Grey's, etc) or reading of books to replace what I feel is time that could be spent with me. A byproduct that sometimes results in sex. I then have have times where I focus too much on certain things that I'm not listening enough or filling her in on what's going on. Open up and talk. Even kids can replace the time you spent with one another...don't allow that. Kids are awesome...I love my kids...but there are times they just know they take a second seat to the wife and I.

Archived