• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick Question....

Zod

I'd say it's definitely a bit early, considering much of the offense's success this year rests on the shoulders of a great offensive line and the men running behind it.

It was quite the makeshift line, and I'm sure he played a large part in it and the overall offense's success. Still, I have a tough time distinguishing success from talent and success from coaching. I'm sure it's a bit of both, I just don't know which way I would lean.

I think so- he's from the Belicheck coaching tree, and it seems like anyone from there gets their shot at some point.

I would especially think a team looking to rebuild their running game would consider him. The FO and Fox have been willing to sacrifice the draft picks to do it, but he taken the offense (especially the running game) to unprecented levels under Fox

Panthers need to decide on what sort of football team they want to be and stick with it!!!

History shows that teams that pound the ball and eat up game clock can win in the NFL, but teams like that also feature a shutdown defense. The Panthers haven't had a shutdown defense in years --- with or without Peppers. Our secondary for instance this year, just folded when it meant the most.

I'm confident in Davidson. I feel that our offense is there. We can score when we need to but most importantly, we can run RUN RUN!! :)

The bigger issue on our team is making our defense more sound. We have so many problems, that I really don't care if Peppers' walks.

What needs to be fixed... is the heart of this defense. Not just Peppers took off plays this year, Lucas took off plenty himself, and so did Gamble... in fact, Beason has to be one of the few guys who steped up game in and game out. That has less to do with Fox asking Beason to dig deep into his soul, but more to do with who Beason is as a person --- a player breed from a college football system (Miami) that has helped generate some of the best solid football-minded players the NFL has ever seen. Beason would have the right mindset and be a true winner and have the heart of a champion... with or without Fox & Turgocrap.

That is the problem with Fox & Mike, they don't make anybody on our team BETTER. Our "good" players were "good" before they came here and would be "good" if not "better" on other teams. Great coaches, ask 6th rounders,

7th rounds, to dig deep in their soul and come up with something special. I don't see that with our coaching staff --- especially defense --- SORRY TO SAY.

Second day draft picks with the Panthers don't often have sucess. Is that due to our lack of picking talent or do the players we have, have talent but need to be driven -- something our staff is incapable of doing?

Just saying...

Archived