• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...about Thomas Davis

Brokenbad

Honestly TD most likly want play this season. Why risk a top player like TD to get reinjuried for a possible 3time and end his carreer. Better for them to put him on the IR for the season. The season is pretty much over for use. TD will be ready for next year. Even if does come back. It would pretty much take him the rest of the season to even come close to been in game playing shape. I don't see him playing anymore this year.

Why don't we just bench Beason for the rest of the season too, since the season is over and we don't want to risk getting him hurt? I don't understand why everyone on this forum thinks they are more knowledgeable than the Panthers' professional athletic training staff. They're not going to clear him to play when he's NOT in game shape. If his knee is healed and he's in necessary condition to play, then there's absolutely no reason to hold him out.

I'm just wondering why we are even talking about Davis coming back. Has there even been any talk about him even been close come back and play?? If not I don't any reason for him to come back when our season is pretty much in the tank at this point.

Someone on here (I think Catman) said that Davis was running with people in practice. No contact, but running. So that's at least progress.

TD is one HELL of a player no doubt.

However, we have James Anderson who has filled in VERY nicely and Conner is playing very well in the middle.

If Davis comes back from injury this year, what do you think the plan of action would be?

Personally, I would put Beason back in the middle and let Davis play opposite Anderson.

Thoughts?

I completely agree. Conner is playing good but not great. He's no where near as good as Beason is at Mike. Our best three are Beason at Mike, Anderson at Strong and Davis at Weak. This is providing that Davis is 100% b/c if he goes out again, he's done for the season.

Many I wish we had enough fat ass defensive linemen to be able to pull off a 3-4 Defense. That is the only stumbling point that I see when it comes to a 3-4 def. We dont have a d-lineman over 300 lbs and we would need a much bigger NT. Greg hardy/Brayton/Charles Johnson could probably all play DE in a 3-4 i think, but moving to a 3-4 would make everette brown absolutely worthless(not that he isnt already).

Archived