• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here play Rec or Adult Hockey?

iamcline

Unfortunately I think the closest I'll get to a big rink is on NHL '11 lol. Maybe the Greensboro Coliseum Annex could be an option later on...but no big time rinks for me.

you'd be surprised how easy it could be to rent the RBC Center when the Canes are on a road trip!

if you ever get the chance to play on the big rink...do it. I've played at Rexall a couple of times, where the oilers play, and it's fricken pretty cool.

I have played in all star games at Calgary Flames place, Vancouver Canucks, and at about 15-20 moderate sized arenas (like Independence arena 8-10k capacity.) Good times.

I just don't want to get out there with guys that are a lot better than I -- at first.

That's how I felt about joining an Ice Hockey league. Fortunately there are different leagues for different skill levels. So I can go play in a development league for beginners until I get comfortable enough to move up.

I skate well enough that I think I could make the transition from roller to ice pretty quickly, but I know there's more equipment involved with ice hockey.

It would be fun to do either one, though. I work right down the road from the Extreme Ice Center in Indian Trial, which I think has hockey leagues. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and do it.

i used to skate at the greensboro ice house. never looked into playing, or taking lessons but i wish i had. i really wanted to play when i was kid, but chose football over it.

Never too late. Here is a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-v5F_UzpY

He's 34 yrds old, 456 lbs. Hardcore man, kind of inspiring me right now lol. I mean I'm only 25, 6'3" 230 lbs...but wow.

Ironically it was after I saw that video that I decided to give ice skating a shot, then if I liked it I'd go for hockey lol.

Never too late. Here is a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-v5F_UzpY

He's 34 yrds old, 456 lbs. Hardcore man, kind of inspiring me right now lol. I mean I'm only 25, 6'3" 230 lbs...but wow.

Ironically it was after I saw that video that I decided to give ice skating a shot, then if I liked it I'd go for hockey lol.

I'm sorry, but that was the most uninspiring video I've ever seen. :rofl:

True. Best of luck to you!

This thread does inspire me to get back into roller hockey, though. Maybe I can find some guys around here that just want to play some pick-up hockey -- nothing serious.

Here in Greensboro we have the Sportsplex (Not sure where you're from so thus why I explain it like a noob). They have indoor roller hockey. Used to be another place in town that did it as well, but I'm not as informed on roller hockey as I've never even been on inline skates.

Here in Greensboro we have the Sportsplex (Not sure where you're from so thus why I explain it like a noob). They have indoor roller hockey. Used to be another place in town that did it as well, but I'm not as informed on roller hockey as I've never even been on inline skates.

I think there's a similar place in Charlotte. Maybe I'll get into that, but I was hoping I could just find a group of guys that meets up in a parking lot to play on weekends.

Archived