• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will our defense rank next season?

panthers1789

No idea at this point. Once we see the outcome of the Peppers scenario we might have a better idea.

If we effectively stay pat with both scheme and only sign rotational guys I can see us carrying on the trend of the end of the season. So that would be in the bottom quarter at best.

Hmm... Let's look at the defense. Beason has another year in, Godfrey isn't a rookie, Connor instead of Diggs, more depth at DT (count on it), some sort of replacement for Peppers (nothing special but someone reliable), Gamble, Marshall, and a new nickel.

Playing more ball control than ever before, with two solid running backs and an outstanding line. I think Davidson will slow down with the long passes and do more ball control. Time of possession is a good thing, it keeps the other offense off the field.

Opponents include New England, Giants, Eagles, and Arizona. We also have Atlanta and New Orleans twice. On the other hand, we get Buffalo, Washington, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay twice. Dallas and Miami aren't anything special either.

I think we'll end up around 12-13, maybe a little higher.

conner would be out of position at OLB.

besides, it's not like Diggs is holding us back or anything. He's a fine player.

To be fair, most thought Beason was going to be out of position at MLB. We'll have to see what happens. Connor is very athletic and smarter than most. I can see him simply being in the right place at the right time, regardless of his presumed skill set.

To be fair, most thought Beason was going to be out of position at MLB.

what?

unless im remembering wrong (which i never do) he was drafted as a hybrid M/OLB who would play outside if Dan Morgan stayed healthy, but was better suited for the middle and was a good insurance policy.

don't you remember all the "move morgan outside" threads after we drafted beason?

Archived