• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who on this defense are you

NJPanthers12

E. Brown might be ready next year who knows. I'd keep him at least as a rotational player. Hardy would be my starter. Charles Johnson needs become the DE he was meant to be otherwise I'm ready to sign a DE in FA.

I'd love to pick up Seymour but since we are in a youth movement I don't know it if would happen. Landri is a good player and should stay. I feel Ed Johnson would be a solid rotational player as well.

I'd look into picking up Shaun Ellis or Cullen Jenkins.

We are stout at LB and the secondary is set except for Marshall's spot.

Shaun Ellis is older than Seymour and I doubt he will leave the Jets. I like Jenkins but I think he has character concerns. Seymour would be a good vet that could make an impact. I could see him possibly leaving Oakland. Brandon Mebane would be another good pickup.

I guess you are assuming we are getting Austin in the third round?? I wouldn't be opposed to this at all

I totally think he will be available in the 3rd. A whole year without football and "character concerns" will drop his draft stock. He's already a good run stuffer and has huge upside to become a dominant pass rusher. I would take a chance on him.

I totally think he will be available in the 3rd. A whole year without football and "character concerns" will drop his draft stock. He's already a good run stuffer and has huge upside to become a dominant pass rusher. I would take a chance on him.

I'd be willing to take a risk on him too, great upside. But, with how crappy this year's draft is likely to be I can't imagine him falling that far....ya never know though

I feel Marshall and Munnerlyn get beat on every single short pass, i dont know could just be me tho. Ed Johnson is the one player on this team I cant get a read on, the 49er game he looked awful other games solid.

Its cause we can't get enough pressure on the QB. They know its takes a while to get to him so why not do 3 step drops and just do short slants? Thats what kills us

That's true but who would've thought that Hardy would be available in the 6th. I wouldn't mind Kendrick Ellis either. He's a mountain of a man at DT and could take on multiple blockers. If we could generate some pass rush and have two good corners in Gamble and Peterson they would have a field day.

Richard Seymour ftw! That guy is a monster. Like someone previously said he doesn't fit into our "youth movement" but if he leaves Oakland I would love to see us get him. Austin is going to fall in the draft due to him being dismissed from the team so it's a possibility he falls to us with our third pick. I'd also like to see Hardy start next year. The guy is a beast.

Archived