• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Midterm grades

CM86

Steve Aschburner of SI.com gives the Bobcats a C+. I think that's fair. Thoughts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/01/22/midseason.grades/index.html?eref=T1

Charlotte Bobcats: With 10 victories in the last 17 games, Larry Brown is starting to get results from a team that is retooling on the fly. But only the Lakers have played as few road games as Charlotte's 17 -- and the Bobcats haven't built up quite the same cushion at home. Rookie D.J. Augustin has turned Raymond Felton into trade bait. Grade: C+

I don't agree actually. If you compared us to when we started this year or when we finished last year, it's like night and day.

Right on.

I give us an A- so far. DJ Augustin has proved to be at least in the top 3 of his class so far. Our trade with Phoenix will turn out to be one-sided. While I loved Dudley's work ethic, I am not sad to see Richardson gone and we got 3 quality players in return. Bell is playing with renewed enthusiasm; Diaw sees this as his time to shine. Okafor, Wallace and Felton are flourishing with a passing big that spaces the floor much better for us. I may be biased about Sean Singletary but I have had my eye on this dude since his freshman year at Virginia. He's got the passion and skills to be a dominant PG in this league if he has talent around him. He lead that Virginia team to many more wins than they deserved because of his sheer athleticism and desire. Getting rid of Carroll and Hollins is incredible, they were ghosts on the court anyways. Diop and Juwan Howard has bolstered our bench greatly. I thought Brown was waiting until Feb. 6th to pull another big trade b/c that's when Bell/Diaw/Singletary would become available but I don't know anymore... I like what I see so far.

I don't agree actually. If you compared us to when we started this year or when we finished last year, it's like night and day.

of course we are, but this isn't just judging the new look team, its on the whole first half of the season. In that aspect A c of any sort is a good grade with the start this team had. If you want to grade the new look team, i'd give them a B overall with loads of room for improvement.

Archived