• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Troy Smith

King Taharqa

I was very vocal about how good he was back when he was drafted, but because of our draft we couldn't pick him up. :(

yea we had so much more important priorities like drafting tim shaw that smith could only last until the final compensatory pick in the 5th round

John Fox/Marty Hurney-waiting for impending disaster to come to fruition to finally force their hand since 2002

yea we had so much more important priorities like drafting tim shaw that smith could only last until the final compensatory pick in the 5th round

John Fox/Marty Hurney-waiting for impending disaster to come to fruition to finally force their hand since 2002

I was referring to our draft this year. But yes I was upset when we passed on him back in 07.

If he wasn't black KT wouldn't have posted this.

The best black QB in the league is Josh Freeman. No one else is even close. Solid passer, capable runner, intelligent player, prototype size...he's the whole package.

Smith had a good first outing. I've gotta see more than one game before I'm ready to say much though. Doug Johnson had a good first game too.

The best black QB in the league is Josh Freeman. No one else is even close.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Vick is the league's highest rated passer this season at 105.3. He has not thrown an interception at this point. Michael Vick is arguably the best QB period in the league right now. Not just amongst black folks. He just beat Peyton Manning last Sunday, who most consider this generation's best QB. Freeman is a good young QB and looks to be improving but he's not better than Vick.

I've been watching SF all season, with pathetic Alex Smith

With Troy under center is the best I've seen them look all year, the guy is extending plays with his feet, & throwing darts all over the field. To get 21pts called back because of penalty's including a last min TD to Vernon only to lead them back and throw a rope to Crabtree says alot about his leaderhip.

He's playing with a chip on this shoulder and the offense is responding.

Alex should put his house up for sale, his days are over here in the Bay.

Michael Vick is the league's highest rated passer this season at 105.3. He has not thrown an interception at this point. Michael Vick is arguably the best QB period in the league right now. Not just amongst black folks. He just beat Peyton Manning last Sunday, who most consider this generation's best QB. Freeman is a good young QB and looks to be improving but he's not better than Vick.

Try again, Cottard :lol:

Vick has the fewest completions, fewest attempts, is 16th in sacks taken, 20th in completion percentage and would be last in first downs but for one guy - Jimmy Clausen.

If you want to judge purely on passer rating though, then here are some things you'd also have to believe:

- The second best passer in the league is David Garrard (at 104.9, only 0.4 behind Vick)

- Kyle Orton, Tony Romo and Matt Cassel are all better than Peyton Manning and Drew Brees

- Ryan Fitzpatrick - ranked 19th at 85.5 - is a better passer than Donovan McNabb - ranked 28th at 76.0

- McNabb is one of the worst QBs in the league, better only than Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Favre, Derek Anderson, Moore and Clausen

You willing to stand by all of those things?

Freeman's stats are twice (or nearly twice) Vick's in attempts, completions, yards, first downs and touchdowns. Add in that Freeman doesn't play in a stat-friendly WCO and doesn't have a receiving corps anywhere close to what Vick has. Flip-flop those receiving corps and you'd see an even bigger stat gap than you see now. And throw in, as Ron Jaworski pointed out, that Vick has a schedule loaded with some of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Vick isn't half the passer Freeman is. Give any ten GMs the choice between the two and I'd be willing to bet the vast majority - and maybe even all of them - would take Freeman.

But I guess Freeman just isn't thug enough for you to be a fan of his :rolleyes:

Try again, Cottard :lol:

Vick has the fewest completions, fewest attempts, is 16th in sacks taken, 20th in completion percentage and would be last in first downs but for one guy - Jimmy Clausen.

A bit misleading as Vick has only played in about 4 and 1/2 games this year. More important in games he has started and finished this year he is 4-1 after tonight. Surprising to me as well there are 19 QBs in the NFL with a completion percentage higher than 60.8%, Vick's rating after 5 games leading up to tonight.

Vick also has 36 rushing attempts averaging over 7 yards per carry, something else to consider when looking at the big picture.

EDIT:

The Eagles have now played the same number of games as everyone else after tonight.

Vick now tied at 12th for completion perecentage and moved up 5 slots in your other categories now with 5.5 games vs some QBs with 9.

And a stunning 115 plus QB rating.

Archived