• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason Sehorn on Frank & Buck Show today

SCP

Sehorn's comment may have been valid if he had said....."there is no way that the Panthers are going to pay a coach $5-$7M if the uncertainty of the CBA is not resolved (or is nearly resolved) by that decision".

I am leary that JR will NOT pay big money for a new coach if there is a strong chance there is not football in 2011....and quite frankly, I can't blame him.

SouthCak, you forgot to include the other part of his reasoning which actually made sense...that Harbaugh will get to pick and choose where he goes and like his brother will likely pick a team that is one or two small pieces away from being a title contender (like Baltimore was). He thinks that Harbaugh just finished rebuilding a Stanford program, why would he want to do the same thing in the pros where owners are going to expect immediate results? He never claimed that he had any inside info, just that it was his gut feeling.

I caught a bit of Primetime on the way home and Steve Lyerly seemed pretty adamant to say that Harbaugh is not going to leave Stanford for the NFL this year. He said he had a lot of contacts out west that said Harbaugh's going to re-up his contract there and won't leave this year. Of course you have to take things like this with a grain of salt, even if he really has these sources because a lot can change in the next few weeks.

SouthCak, you forgot to include the other part of his reasoning which actually made sense...that Harbaugh will get to pick and choose where he goes and like his brother will likely pick a team that is one or two small pieces away from being a title contender (like Baltimore was). He thinks that Harbaugh just finished rebuilding a Stanford program, why would he want to do the same thing in the pros where owners are going to expect immediate results? He never claimed that he had any inside info, just that it was his gut feeling.

I caught a bit of Primetime on the way home and Steve Lyerly seemed pretty adamant to say that Harbaugh is not going to leave Stanford for the NFL this year. He said he had a lot of contacts out west that said Harbaugh's going to re-up his contract there and won't leave this year. Of course you have to take things like this with a grain of salt, even if he really has these sources because a lot can change in the next few weeks.

I was on the phone for most of it. If he said that, it does make a little more sense. But what I did hear was a chuckle and a "no way the Panthers will pay a coach $6-7 million." Yet we are paying a lame duck $6 million this season.

Sehorn's comment may have been valid if he had said....."there is no way that the Panthers are going to pay a coach $5-$7M if the uncertainty of the CBA is not resolved (or is nearly resolved) by that decision".

I am leary that JR will NOT pay big money for a new coach if there is a strong chance there is not football in 2011....and quite frankly, I can't blame him.

This.

Chances are slim to nil that they get something - even in raw form - before the search for a new coach begins.

That said, JR could (and should) view hiring a coach separately from signing players from a financial standpoint. In that case the argument is out the window. Add in too that this is a critical decision/moment in the history of the Panthers and JR knows it.

Archived