• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaches to never win a Super Bowl; Cowher's 1

raleigh-panther

there are conflicting reports out there over the years

the whole issue I have with Cowher is in divided into these parts:

1) He's already won a superbowl. In my mind, the most motivated prospective HC is one that has never gotten there.

2) The past few years it seems like he is in no hurry to come back to coach, owing to the whole motivation thing. It seems like he's more interested in going in the best possible environment he can think of rather than trying to re-establish himself, and if he was truly motivated, he probably wouldn't still be on the free agent coach list.

3) He hasn't operated as a coach in organized football for 4 years and counting, and the complexion of the league has changed a lot in that span.

All valid concerns. And no one knows what will make him come back to football. To suggest otherwise is arrogant. I also don't think Cowher is the Panther's only viable option. Harbaugh might be even a better choice.

However, with the passing of his wife and his daughters growing up this may be the time he is ready to fully emerge himslef again into football.

Only time will tell.

"I'm very comfortable at CBS. I'll keep all my options open. And I'll only answer those questions at the end of the season. I'm not going to comment on any hypothetical situations until the entire season is over."---Bill Cowher

Entire season would be after the superbowl. He wants to go to a winning team. We should already have a coach by then, IMO.

I aqree with that we all hope to win another game.

This thread is meant to factually address those people who feel Cowher should not be coach here because quote 'it took him 10 years to win one'.

I want Cowher as coach so that the Panthers can do more than win another game. I want a proven winner. I think he's the right man for the job, so I am prejudiced. I just find people who use the time it took him to win a SuperBowl to not represent the facts in the NFL as related to coaching.

Blah...... If it wasn't for that Kasey Kickoff Fox could easily be a superbowl coach with a ring.... would that have made him better than every coach without one??? Nope. Superbowl rings are a combo of Coach, Quarterback, Players, Health, and luck..... There are great coaches who don't win rings, and bad ones who do.

Point is you can;t use superbowl rings to determine the best coaching candidate. Hel Mike Shanahan has 2 Superbowl Rings!!!!! How's that working out for Washington??? LOL!!!

Blah...... If it wasn't for that Kasey Kickoff Fox could easily be a superbowl coach with a ring...

So effing tired of blaming Kasey. New England was passing at will at this point of the game, so 15-20 yards more would have been no problem. You wanna blame somebody, blame the defense for not stopping them from getting into FG range. A 77 yard FG didn't beat us.

George Seifert is on that list of super bowl winning coaches. He will go down as one of the the worst coaches in Panther history. We don't need a proven winner. We need someone who can win in the future.

Seifert cut a bunch of players and went 1-15 doing it "his way"....didn't work out....

Several years later, somebody else cut a bunch of players.....we're 1-?? now....who goes down as the worst _______ this year?

Archived