• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

~ 2011 College Draft Prospects ~

HeatCheck

Evidently the Cats are high on Alec Burks which I personally like.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nbadraftoffseasonblog2011_0520.php

"One source told us the Charlotte Bobcats are really big on Alec Burks and he will not fall past them if he is available with their ninth pick"

Here are some scouting assessments on him

http://www.walterfootball.com/nbascoutingreport2011aburks.php

http://swishscout.com/?page_id=3618

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/alec-burks

Honestly from what everyone is saying he kinda sounds like Gerald Henderson. On the offensive side at least

Oh boy, let's clone another Gerald Henderson on to the team! Hendo is a great young guard, we need help down low, bad. I want either Biyombo, Montiejunas, or Valencius. Or at least a guy like Tristan Thompson. We need guys down low, our guards are fine and besides, we can take Josh Selby or possibly Jimmer Fredette at 19.

Best case scenario would be trading 9, 19, and Jax to Minnesota to get Derrick Williams who could be our franchise-changing player. Chances of that are slim to none though. I just don't know why we're so high on Burks, I want a big at 9.

Oh boy, let's clone another Gerald Henderson on to the team! Hendo is a great young guard, we need help down low, bad. I want either Biyombo, Montiejunas, or Valencius. Or at least a guy like Tristan Thompson. We need guys down low, our guards are fine and besides, we can take Josh Selby or possibly Jimmer Fredette at 19.

Best case scenario would be trading 9, 19, and Jax to Minnesota to get Derrick Williams who could be our franchise-changing player. Chances of that are slim to none though. I just don't know why we're so high on Burks, I want a big at 9.

Just don't know if a big will be the best option at 9. We need a center, not a power forward. I could see Biyombo if he is there, but we have Thomas, Diaw and White at the 4. Which is sad, because one of the Morris brothers or Thompson would be good value at 9. I don't feel real comfortable discussing Montiejunas or Valencius because I have never seen them play.

I still say we take Hamilton. He is a high risk/reward player, but we can't keep taking guys whose careers would be good if they are role players on a championship team. We need potential all-stars. Hamilton could be out of the league in 4 years, or he could be one of the top 10-20 players in the league one day. Also, he brings what we need most: scoring. He is a scoring machine.

I would rather take a chance on someone like Hamilton than draft pretty much anybody else who would be available who we know won't ever be the best player on the team.

Biyombo's game is more of a center than power forward. While he might be undersized he makes up for it with his ridiculous wingspan. I am sure he can develop a midrange game, something that many PFs in this league have. But as of now I see him as a center.

Bottom line is this draft is weak and value at 9 this year might be totally different than years past.

I see center as the biggest hole on the roster. Centers are right up there with finding a PG in difficulty. We missed big on AA. We need to be careful not to over think it like we did in 2008.

Go big. Either Bismack Biyombo or Donatas Motiejunas. Then with the 19th hopefully one of these guys are still there. Chris Singleton or Tobias Harris. Singler is also a option but could be considered a reach. In the second we double dip into the big man group with either Keith Benson or Nikola Vucevic.

Archived