• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Peppers to the Broncos

unicar15

I'm curious how effective their Defense would be changing up from 34 to 43 week to week. Seems that would be as effective as changing your QB from week to week...

Did I read that right?

I read it more like he will use the Pats style of having multiple looks. So DLmen will be expected to do different roles.

A lot of teams think that they are one or two players away from being a legit threat for a few years. If McDaniels thinks that Cutler is capable enough to lead them to a superbowl with that OL in front of him then don't be surprised he jumped all over Pep to add instant quality to that average (at best) defense. Pep can be a game-changing player and IMO if you have Jarvis Moss, Pep, and a situational pass rusher like Elvis Dummervile coming off the edge that could be hell for offenses to account for. Right now they are probably targeting Raji to be a 3-4 NT for them but to be completely honest if you would rather have Raji than Pep then you are an idiot...It doesn't matter that Raji is younger by 5 years...at all.

The fact of the matter is Pep is not all that great at covering people. I mean he did ok when we dropped him into a shallow zone but the small times he had to chase some one they beat him. It really was not that much but he will be a liability in coverage and teams prob gonna look at him as a RE not a LB and they should.

The fact of the matter is Pep is not all that great at covering people. I mean he did ok when we dropped him into a shallow zone but the small times he had to chase some one they beat him. It really was not that much but he will be a liability in coverage and teams prob gonna look at him as a RE not a LB and they should.

That goes for most pass rushing 3-4 OLBers. Merriman, Ware and Porter are all terrible in coverage.

That goes for most pass rushing 3-4 OLBers. Merriman, Ware and Porter are all terrible in coverage.

These two are the two that most resemble what Pep would be in a 3-4..which is why I don't understand why he doesn't think that he can do better in a 4-3?? We moved him to the right so that he could be a primary pass rusher and a pursuit guy when teams ran the ball. He did the exact same things that Demarcus Ware does in Dallas except Ware starts upright and Pep starts with his hand in the ground. O well...hopefully we can work something out with Jacksonville or the Broncos so we never have to play him and can still get a really good draft pick.

that's not going to happen as a straight trade. best DE in football or not he's still 29 and how many people were burned in the past trading away draft picks for players? the Redskins are a shining example every year.

The best we can hope for is pick 16 or less.

So you're telling me no way we can trade Pep to the Browns for their first round pick

Even if we have to give up a player. he wont be someone valuable on our team cause Pep is a 1st rounder by himself and they need a DE. Plus they have the ability to run 3-4

So you're telling me no way we can trade Pep to the Browns for their first round pick

Even if we have to give up a player. he wont be someone valuable on our team cause Pep is a 1st rounder by himself and they need a DE. Plus they have the ability to run 3-4

What makes you think Peppers would agree to a long term deal with the Browns? They were terrible this year. No way will a team agree to a trade for Peppers without having a long term deal worked out ahead of time and he won't agree to that with a bad team.

What makes you think Peppers would agree to a long term deal with the Browns? They were terrible this year. No way will a team agree to a trade for Peppers without having a long term deal worked out ahead of time and he won't agree to that with a bad team.

You hit the nail on the head.

Too many people posting that have no clue what they are talking about.

Peppers holds the cards on where he goes...plain and simple. Any trade would hinge on teh opposing team negotiating a long-term deal BEFORE the trade was made.

I'm saying just Pep for a top 5 pick isn't going to happen. Now if you want to package more players, that's a different story, but I wouldn't put anybody else on the block.

All of these players have covered TEs or Running backs before and been successful at it. If they never covered then that would just make them a 4-3 DE. The great thing about all of them is that they can do both and Im not sure pep can. IDK he is a freak but IMO he should stay at RE.

You hit the nail on the head.

Too many people posting that have no clue what they are talking about.

Peppers holds the cards on where he goes...plain and simple. Any trade would hinge on teh opposing team negotiating a long-term deal BEFORE the trade was made.

No the f*** he does not

He goes wherever they decide to trade him. Who the f*** is Pep

Team agree to give us a first rounder for Pep. The deal is done. Simple.

If he refuse to it, keep him on the team. He refuse to play, he just miss the whole entire season at age 29. Start again he will be 30. Not easy to come back from. Nobody wants that to happen

Dont know wtf yall think this is. This is a business. Nobody got time for attitude and hissy fits. Pep wouldnt do that anyway. He's not that type of person. He aint T.O

Only one person that is being hurt by this and thats him. Pep is no longer a Panther no matter if he is physically here. We are moving on with our without his dedication

Trade Julius to Dallas for TO! Trade him to NY Jets for Favre! Trade him to ABC for Sayid from LOST! The other team has got to be able coddle Mr. Pep better than we have, so who has bigger teats and less testes than we do? Trade him to Tenn for Vince Young so we can be on suicide watch!

Trade Julius to Dallas for TO! Trade him to NY Jets for Favre! Trade him to ABC for Sayid from LOST! The other team has got to be able coddle Mr. Pep better than we have, so who has bigger teats and less testes than we do? Trade him to Tenn for Vince Young so we can be on suicide watch!

TRADE HIM FOR VICK!!!!! Im sure they will throw in a few cartons of cigarettes also.

Archived