• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets focus on Marshall

unicar15

The reason Marshall got 10 tackles is because he was burnt toast all night, and was usually tackling his man after the catch...I'm still waiting for him to defend a pass. And on that first big pass play, it was Marshall's blown coverage that caused it. They were in zone, and Lucas passed off to the deep guy (who was Marshall), but Marshall was out of position, allowing Bryant to make the big play.

Now Marshall's great at special teams, and he's a good tackler. But as a CB, he gives up way too many catches.

As for Lucas, he played horribly as well, and unless he really picks it up, I don't see him being worth what he will get paid next year. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a cap casualty this off-season.

I see what you are talking about with the underneath guy breaking to the outside Lucas decided to bite on that similarly to what Ronde did when Steve scored his TD. However...they nailed Ronde when he did that and blew his coverage so what makes it different when Lucas did it? Either there wasn't safety help over top or Godfrey was REALLLLY out of position therefore in my mind it is still Lucas's job to cover that part of the field. I guess nobody will ever know b/c we aren't calling the plays but Lucas's "oh sh*t" face made me think the majority of the blame was on him. He usually gets on Godfrey when he makes a mistake like that...

I'm not a Lucas hater either but the play where Bryant put the double move on him and he pretty much fell to the ground and then didn't make the tackle afterwards was bad too...they just isolated him all night and you shouldn't be able to do that with a guy that is supposed to be a sure corner like Lucas is.

Archived