• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Updates

Mr. Scot

No major objections to that hire. Haluchak could do great things with our LB corp.

The brown have had a pretty good linebacking corp in his tenure. I especially like what he does with inside linebackers. Andra Davis is woefully underrated, and D'Qwell Jackson has gotten a lot better every year. Jackson plays a lot like Beason; similar size and speed.

But I'm a little worried about his track record with OLBs. Haluchak hasn't done a lot with Wimbley and McGinest. McGinest is ancient, so I don't fault him for that, but Wimbley should be doing a lot more than he is. He's gotten worse every year since his huge rookie year in 06. Thomas Davis is still developing and needs good coaching, and we might have a new player opposite him. So was Wimbley a flameout or is he not being coached right? That's my only concern.

No major objections to that hire. Haluchak could do great things with our LB corp.

The brown have had a pretty good linebacking corp in his tenure. I especially like what he does with inside linebackers. Andra Davis is woefully underrated, and D'Qwell Jackson has gotten a lot better every year. Jackson plays a lot like Beason; similar size and speed.

But I'm a little worried about his track record with OLBs. Haluchak hasn't done a lot with Wimbley and McGinest. McGinest is ancient, so I don't fault him for that, but Wimbley should be doing a lot more than he is. He's gotten worse every year since his huge rookie year in 06. Thomas Davis is still developing and needs good coaching, and we might have a new player opposite him. So was Wimbley a flameout or is he not being coached right? That's my only concern.

Well, coaching 3-4 OLB is a little different. I don't care whether he can coach those well, since he's going to be coaching 4-3 guys here. But that's a fair point.

I'm glad there's at least news. The tie to Haluchak is pretty basic, and one I made a couple weeks ago now, but it's confirmation they're talking to someone.

With all the Super Bowl hype over and everyone free, I wouldn't be too surprised if things heated up over the next couple of days.

The team could now conceivably look at guys from the Steelers or Cardinals staff who are not under contract, but since word was they had planned to be finished prior to the Super Bowl, it'd be no great shock if they didn't.

It's conceivable, though unlikely, that the Chiefs could pull someone from our offensive staff, depending on who their head coach is. This would realistically only affect position coaches who could be considered for OC, and we don't really have anyone left on staff - save potentially Jim Skipper - that's likely to get those kind of looks.

Folks worried about Jeff Davidson getting looks for KC's head coach should probably rest easy. If they'd wanted to interview him, they could have anytime in the last few weeks and they chose not to. All indications are their focus is on Todd Haley, and Haley couldn't tab Davidson as an OC since it would be a lateral move.

Only scenario I could see where Davidson gets an interview as their HC is if the Chiefs don't get Haley, and that seems unlikely.

Archived