• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nic Fairley has got to be our next choice.

tattoorhino

who really is worth a number one?

on talent factor, Peterson and Green. However nobody wants to draft a WR or CB at #1

Here's a question though, has Calvin Johnson justified his #1 selection? Green should be every bit as good if not better than Johnson

If we get a quality starter at DT, we will have a genuinely fearsome front 7, pending Johnson re-signing.

Do we have a genuinely fearsome passing offense if we pick up a 2nd tier rookie QB?

It's a difficult decision, but I don't see any rookie QB who can come in and start from day 1. I also do not see a QB who is of a 'difference maker' standard. So essentially we won't get much out of a rookie pick this year, meaning we will need to pick up a vet in FA. So why don't we save the 'franchise QB pick' until next year?

Of course you don't see a rookie quarterback who can come in and start from day 1. You are one of the last folks still on the Clausen bandwagon. Frankly I can think of half a dozen guys who would be a serious upgrade to him. Plus it isn't starting day 1 or winning right away, it is finding a franchise guy for the next 10 years. Something Clausen has not shown much in the way of potential. Surely not enough to not try and upgrade.

on talent factor, Peterson and Green. However nobody wants to draft a WR or CB at #1

Here's a question though, has Calvin Johnson justified his #1 selection? Green should be every bit as good if not better than Johnson

And until they got Stafford, how many games did Johnson win for them. And when Stafford went out, how many games did Johnson take over??

He was 9th in receiving yards. Why?? He didn't have a franchise quarterback to get him the ball when Stafford got hurt.

And until they got Stafford, how many games did Johnson win for them. And when Stafford went out, how many games did Johnson take over??

He was 9th in receiving yards. Why?? He didn't have a franchise quarterback to get him the ball when Stafford got hurt.

I understand this, I'm not wanting to draft this yr to win a superbowl or anything next year. Green would be one big piece in this rebuilding now that we can't get Luck.

who knows, Claussen could improve alot or we find that QB in Free Agency

Yep.

Peterson or Greene are the only ones worth a true #1 in my opinion.

and yeah people don't like to do it, but you don't see it much on a DT either. Trade down even if you don't get much in return. Grab one of these guys (whichever falls). I know I want a DT, but one position on defense vs. multiple on offense, you need to get Greene that is who I want. This high of a pick you forget about needs and get the best talent to get the most of your value. The DTs available aren't luke a Suh and I am pretty sure there will be some good DT free agents.

To me if we pick a one of these two or did not try to trade down we f**ked up.

my ideal trade down is to trade down but remain in top 10 and draft AJ Green and gain a Secound Rounder to draft a stud RG or next Kris Jenkins DT in the second round

I agree this would be ideal if we could do it. Green in the 1st, Marvin Austin (who would have been a 1st rounder if he wasn't stupid) in the 2nd.

Is Austin eligible for the combine? If so I wold love to see how he does. I think he is the best of the DTs available.

He should be. Someone will steal him in the 2nd round, may as well be us. I like Fairley too, but if we could trade down and get Green and Austin, that would be even better IMO.

Archived