• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If AJ Green is the Pick...

chknwing

No. I am going to stay here and hopefully hammer real football thinking into you friggin morons. you idiots picking would keep us with the #1 friggin pick every year we would suck so bad.

rookie WR's rarely come in and justify being a first round pick right off the bat if they do it ever. WR's are one of the bigger crap shoots in the draft, but you clowns want to bypass all rational football thinking and go with your madden instincts and be just like the friggin detroit lions. BRILLIANT!

This game is STILL won in the trenches. Our DL SUCKS! Now I know JR wants more offensive explosiveness, well that starts with the system in place and the QB. Both suck for us. It also starts by the Defense stopping someone so we can dictate on offense what we want to do instead of playing from behind.

The smart football thing to do is accept the best trade down we can get, then take a QB. Use this offseason (if there is free agency) to help start filling holes. use the additional Draft picks to shore up the team as well. Hire a damn good OC that has a system that is flexible to adjust to on the field situations and a great QB coach that can develop the QB we do take.

This is all negated by the fact that we had the 32nd ranked offense in the league last year.

DT is the WORST possible route we can take, and you'd have to be an ignoramus to think we should just because your being narrow minded in your view of the field (and by field, I ain't talking 'bout turf..)

How does reaching for an overrated DT in a weak class help our offense?

And to not be a douche, and to actually answer your question, here I go.

Do you know what the best offense is? A great defense. A defense that can pass-rush, that can run blitz, and a team that can force turnovers and three and outs.

Take a look at the Saints last season. They led the league in interceptions. Which led to short drives to the end-zone, which resulted in more points being score by Brees, Thomas, etc.

We need a team that can pass-rush. We already have one of the DEs (assuming he is re-signed) that can get to the QB, now we need to put a DT beside of him that can help plug up the middle and stop the rush, as well as penetrating to the QB.

And over-rated? How do you get over-rated? I watched a lot of SEC games this year, including a lot of Auburn games, and I watched Nick Fairley penetrate and blow QBs, RBs, and entire plays, up. The guy is a monster.

And where's the whole argument "he did it in the SEC. SEC = pro"? Does that get thrown out the window when you're not talking about an offensive player?

And to not be a douche, and to actually answer your question, here I go.

Do you know what the best offense is? A great defense. A defense that can pass-rush, that can run blitz, and a team that can force turnovers and three and outs.

Take a look at the Saints last season. They led the league in interceptions. Which led to short drives to the end-zone, which resulted in more points being score by Brees, Thomas, etc.

We need a team that can pass-rush. We already have one of the DEs (assuming he is re-signed) that can get to the QB, now we need to put a DT beside of him that can help plug up the middle and stop the rush, as well as penetrating to the QB.

And over-rated? How do you get over-rated? I watched a lot of SEC games this year, including a lot of Auburn games, and I watched Nick Fairley penetrate and blow QBs, RBs, and entire plays, up. The guy is a monster.

And where's the whole argument "he did it in the SEC. SEC = pro"? Does that get thrown out the window when you're not talking about an offensive player?

We had a pretty good defense last year that was run over because our offense couldnt help it. We finished 32nd in offense. Last.

What I'm preaching here is, to gain extraordinary offensive firepower to help compensate for our QB shortcomings-which Im not picturing to be Clausen-to make our offense competent enough to help our defense instead of hurting it. Reaching for a DT doesnt accomplish that..

We had a pretty good defense last year that was run over because our offense couldnt help it. We finished 32nd in offense. Last.

What I'm preaching here is, to gain extraordinary offensive firepower to help compensate for our QB shortcomings-which Im not picturing to be Clausen-to make our offense competent enough to help our defense instead of hurting it. Reaching for a DT doesnt accomplish that..

I don't consider taking a player that's ranked EXACTLY THE SAME as AJ Green reaching.

This is all negated by the fact that we had the 32nd ranked offense in the league last year.

How much will that be impacted by adding a player who will have 5-6 touches on a good day? assuming of course we upgrade the QB position to the point where we can get him that many touches?

for those insisting our defense is not the greatest, remember they were taught bend but dont break football. Bringing in a new DC and Defensive minded head coach could install a more attacking defensive system. Its not the players, it was the system that was at fault.

I don't consider taking a player that's ranked EXACTLY THE SAME as AJ Green reaching.

By some..yes, however.

Take Fairley and Green out of this weak class and hold them up against last year's deeper class.

Hold Fairley up against Ndamukong Suh and see if he still rates the same.

Now do the same for Green against Dez Bryant..

Green maintains his rating, while Fairley slips.

An elite WR is hard to get your hands on. We can nab one here.

However, all that's irrelevant, considering the philosophy of trying to attain offensive firepower. Fairley CERTAINLY doesn't provide that, and offense is what we need..

Archived