• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Star Coaching Staff

Nicbsbll2

Ok people, I know it's fun to speculate about having a super star coaching staff of Rivera, McDermott, Singletary and Meeks. It was also fun speculating about drafting Andrew Luck. So just as a word of advise, don't go getting your hopes up about having any of them just to be disappointed when they sign with someone else.

The last thing we need around here is 20 threads degrading Rivera, Hurney, Richardson and all of the prospective coaches because you're all butt hurt that they didn't choose to coach here.

what makes you think it'll be these guys who choose not to coach here? we may be the ones to tell them we'd rather have someone else.

That is exactly what it will come down to, where they want to go. At least the HOF caliber coaches and to be blunt, and not so homerish, Charlotte really isn't all that desirable. The last few years is a prime example of why.

That is exactly what it will come down to, where they want to go. At least the HOF caliber coaches and to be blunt, and not so homerish, Charlotte really isn't all that desirable. The last few years is a prime example of why.

You keep saying that and never providing any reasons why.

How many players have we had state they'd like to come over the years?

From the Vicks,to the Chad Johnsons, and more,Charlotte has proven a nice spot to play football.

You keep saying that and never providing any reasons why.

How many players have we had state they'd like to come over the years?

From the Vicks,to the Chad Johnsons, and more,Charlotte has proven a nice spot to play football.

I did mention the past few years. Shady ownership by JR who now has a daunting task to clean up his own mess, if he isn't too busy worrying and pushing for the CBA? That could turn some players down. We will either go down or up from here, and some players want more stability. There are still positives to playing here, no doubt.

Frankly though my opinion comes more from moving around all my life. I have lived in many many cities, been to many stadiums and putting football aside, this city really isn't all that great. I know I'll get flamed, been flamed since I got here for saying Charlotte isn't 'the poo', because most 'Carolinians' have lived here their whole life, they have roots here and really don't know any better. This placed is filled with ignorant homers.

If I was a coach or player, I would not want to play in Charlotte and most certainly not for JR who is not a 'players owner' and is in fact the complete opposite. That is my opinion, my stance. The only thing that matters is what these players and coaches are looking for, their opinion could differ from mine, that's fine like I said there are positives to playing in Charlotte, like it being a nice city to raise a family and nice weather. :)

Now if I were playing basketball, NC would be my #1 spot to be.

and I love how you mention Vick wanting to play here because he likes our unis, an excellent example of some of the not so relevant positives Charlotte has to offer.

what makes you think it'll be these guys who choose not to coach here? we may be the ones to tell them we'd rather have someone else.

All I'm saying is that people need to not get their hopes up, or else we are going to have a pathetic scene like we had when Luck decided to go back to school where people were hating on him, JR and Marty. It will be the same way when we don't sign these guys, for whatever reason it may be.

The past few years? Shady ownership by JR who now has a daunting task to clean up his own mess, if he isn't too busy worrying and pushing for the CBA? That could turn some players down. We will either go down or up from here, and some players want more stability. There are still positives to playing here, no doubt.

Frankly though my opinion comes more from moving around all my life. I have lived in many many cities, been to many stadiums and putting football aside, this city really isn't all that great. I know I'll get flamed that's becasue most 'Carolinians' have lived here there whole life and really don't know better. This placed is filled with ignorant homers.

If I was a coach or player, I would not want to play in Charlotte and certainly not for JR who is not a 'players owner' and is infact the complete opposite. That is my opinion, my stance but the only thing that matters is what these players and coaches are looking for, like I said there are positives to playing in Charlotte, like it being a nice city to raise a family and nice weather. :)

Now if I were playing basketball, NC would be my #1 spot to be.

Ownership has proven to be one of this Franchises greatest strengths over it's tenure.

One year of being cheap due to a CBA issue isn't going to drive away coaching candidates in droves, not with Richardson being as respected in league circles as he is.

You wanna talk about stability?

As CRA pointed out, Denver will be paying 3 Head Coaches this coming season.

So much for job stability there...

As far as your opinion on the city of Charlotte, it's just that-an opinion.

I've never lived in Charlotte-or even NC for that matter-but I have done LOTS of traveling in my days and Charlotte has always been one of my favorite cities (right up there with San Antonio which is a beautiful city, especially around Christmas time..). Your opinion may not reflect that of someone else, even if you as a human might like to think it does.

If we want McDermott or Singletary, we have just a good as chance as anybody to get them. Period..

Ownership has proven to be one of this Franchises greatest strengths over it's tenure.

One year of being cheap due to a CBA issue isn't going to drive away coaching candidates in droves, not with Richardson being as respected in league circles as he is.

You wanna talk about stability?

As CRA pointed out, Denver will be paying 3 Head Coaches this coming season.

So much for job stability there...

As far as your opinion on the city of Charlotte, it's just that-an opinion.

I've never lived in Charlotte-or even NC for that matter-but I have done LOTS of traveling in my days and Charlotte has always been one of my favorite cities. Your opinion may not reflect that of someone else, even if you as a human might like to think it does.

If we want McDermott or Singletary, we have just a good as chance as anybody to get them. Period..

1. Re read my edited post, I already said what you are saying in the bottom half.

2. It's not one year of being cheap, where have you been? From letting Pepper's walk for nothing to keeping Delhomme forever to keeping coaches far past their time are some pretty big problems. I don't know how you can look at the past few years of the Panther and say ownership was one of it's greatest strengths.

Richardson is respected by those in the league because he'd do anything for them, including sacrificing his own team. I don't respect him as a fan, not one bit.

Denver may be paying 3 HCs salaries, but so what? We paid a Qb to move, we let players go without any compensation and an owner who doesn't even see it because he is too busy sucking the NFL's nuts while they tell everyone how respected he is, putting all his energy/time/effort in the CBA.

If we had rid ourselves of Fox when we should have we'd be paying for multiple coaches as well. At least Denver is willing to invest to find what they want while JR just sits around and waits.

1. Re read my edited post, I already said what you are saying in the bottom half.

2. It's not one year of being cheap, where have you been? From letting Pepper's walk for nothing to keeping Delhomme forever to keeping coaches far past their time are some pretty big problems. I don't know how you can look at the past few years of the Panther and say ownership was one of it's greatest strengths.

Richardson is respected by those in the league because he'd do anything for them, including sacrificing his own team. I don;t respect him as a fan, not one bit.

Denver may be paying 3 HCs salaries, but so what? We paid a Qb to move, we let players go without any compensation and an owner who doesn't even see it because he is too busy sucking the NFL's nuts while they tell everyone how respected he is.

If we had rid ourselves of Fox when we should have we'd be paying for multiple coaches as well. At least Denver is willing to invest to find what they want while JR just sits around and waits

It really doesn't matter if you don't respect Richardson..truth be told.

And we didn't let Pep walk without offering to make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

Your letting your frustrations as a fan cloud your judgement..

Richardson's respected. People listen to him. He has authority.

It really doesn't matter if you think he should or not...your opinion, once again, is irrelevant..

This post you made is so directed at taking shots at management you even helped me fight my argument..

If we had rid ourselves of Fox when we should have we'd be paying for multiple coaches as well. At least Denver is willing to invest to find what they want while JR just sits around and waits

See what I mean?

No coach wants to go somewhere where they are going to get the axe dropped on them after two seasons..

Archived