• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

are people really surprised it was just a 1 year contract, considering the CBA etc? JR wasn't about to sign any of our experienced players to multiyear contracts before the CBA, but he had to make sure Moore was on the team last year.

His injury is the main reason I am not 100% sold he has a chance at making it to camp... and if he is throwing by March he does have a good chance of being back.

Tyler Brayton got a multi year deal.

TRD proving again you have no Football knowlege. Did you play tennis as a child and just started watching football???? Is this why you are so clueless???

It's not the amount of the contract that makes it seem like a perfromance contract. It's the length. If they were sure Matt could be the future of this team. Why only give him a 1 year deal?? This organization has historically lock up players they like too mulit year deals. And before you say anything about the CBA Tyler Brayton got a 2-3 year deal this offseason. If they like Moore that much their was no reason not 2 give him a 2-3 year deal.

He got a 1 year deal 2 prove he could be the man. (base on performance)

If he would have performed well at all he would have put himself in place 2 get a major contract. Did that happen?

The 3 million he got this year was not only too make sure he would signed. But also was a way the FO could give him confidence that he would get a

legitimate shot at being the man. If they gave him a low tender he might not have signed. He did great at the end of last year so his agent was not only taking calls form just Carolina. They gave him a high tender too show him that he the man going into this season.

But again the 1 year thing was a way too protect themselves if things didn't go as well (like they didn't).

for some of the exact same reasons they didn't give guys extensions to guys that deserved them.

also, there was no way to know if Matt was the future so it would have been dumb to give him that type deal.

Jerry was operating with the end of this season in mind. It was obvious by Matts deal and Jerry ignoring all his upcoming FAs.

I guess being restricted and unrestricted means nothing to you huh?

This is why I told myself I wouldn't waste my time with you. I swear you're like a dumber version of Catdaddy.

You are not even a panther fan. Everyday you act more and more like a Atl Vick fan but worst. Atleast Vick did somthing. You have glue your mouth 2 Matt Moore ****. That's like being a stalker for DEVO. You suck I can't wait for Matt 2 leave so you can go as well. This fan base is alot better when we have people who cheer for the jersey not the player.:dita:

Hidden

Tyler Brayton got a multi year deal.

True enough, I'd forgotten about him - I was more focusing on the bigger names on the roster. However, Brayton had been a consistent veteran. Moore was still a bit of an unknown. He had played well enough the previous year to earn himself a high tender, but because of the impending CBA and the questions about how he'd do as a starter from day one, I think it makes sense that they wouldn't sign him to a longer contract before the season.

If you like a guy and think he's a good backup but still have questions about him as a starter, do you sign him to a huge multi-year deal? Makes sense what they did, but I don't think it was a "win now or get out" deal, but Moore better not expect huge money if he comes back.

You are not even a Panther fan. Everyday you act more and more like an Atl Vick fan but worse. At least Vick did something. You have glued your mouth 2 Matt Moore's ****. That's like being a stalker for DEVO. You suck, I can't wait for Matt to leave so you can go as well. This fan base is a lot better when we have people who cheer for the jersey not the player.:dita:

Fixed so you don't sound like a total incompetent inbred.

for some of the exact same reasons they didn't give guys extensions to guys that deserved them.

also, there was no way to know if Matt was the future so it would have been dumb to give him that type deal.

Jerry was operating with the end of this season in mind. It was obvious by Matts deal and Jerry ignoring all his upcoming FAs.

CRA just a question. If Fox would have put Matt Moore in earlier in the '09-'10

and he played like he did and led that team to the playoffs. Would he have gotton a multi year deal? Or the same 1 year 3million dollar tender?

I forgot about Brayton, but they did have to lock him up because of the interest he was getting from other teams. Brayton was shopping around... Moore couldn't. Moore's situation was a bit more like the other guys on the team seeking new deals but having to wait for the CBA, imo. There was no pressure to give the guys after extensions or Moore multiyear deals to keep them, unlike Brayton.

You may be right that a lot of it had to do unknowns, but I think the CBA was as big of an issue & unknown as Moore's play, if not a larger one.

We have no idea what deal he would have gotten if he lead us to the playoffs. A better question is, if he had, would there even be a doubt he belonged in camp next year??

I forgot about Brayton, but they did have to lock him up because of the interest he was getting from other teams. Brayton was shopping around... Moore couldn't. Moore's situation was a bit more like the other guys on the team seeking new deals but having to wait for the CBA, imo. There was no pressure to give the guys after extensions or Moore multiyear deals to keep them, unlike Brayton.

You may be right that a lot of it had to do unknowns, but I think the CBA was as big of an issue & unknown as Moore's play, if not a larger one.

We have no idea what deal he would have gotten if he lead us to the playoffs. A better question is, if he had, would there even be a doubt he belonged in camp next year??

No doubt in my mind that he would have earned a big deal if he got us into the playoffs that year. He would have then bulit up credit that the team would have no choice but 2 give him multi year contract.

He would have given the team Back 2 back winning season.

Back 2 back playoffs. Maybe have saved Fox's job.

TRD proving again you have no Football knowlege. Did you play tennis as a child and just started watching football???? Is this why you are so clueless???

It's not the amount of the contract that makes it seem like a perfromance contract. It's the length. If they were sure Matt could be the future of this team. Why only give him a 1 year deal?? This organization has historically lock up players they like too mulit year deals. And before you say anything about the CBA Tyler Brayton got a 2-3 year deal this offseason. If they like Moore that much their was no reason not 2 give him a 2-3 year deal.

He got a 1 year deal 2 prove he could be the man. (base on performance)

If he would have performed well at all he would have put himself in place 2 get a major contract. Did that happen?

The 3 million he got this year was not only too make sure he would signed. But also was a way the FO could give him confidence that he would get a

legitimate shot at being the man. If they gave him a low tender he might not have signed. He did great at the end of last year so his agent was not only taking calls form just Carolina. They gave him a high tender too show him that he the man going into this season.

But again the 1 year thing was a way too protect themselves if things didn't go as well (like they didn't).

Just wondering, how are you sure the FO was the one who wanted to give Moore just one year? You know it is possible Moore asked for a one year deal hoping he would prove himself and earn more money. That didn't happen, but that is a possibility.

Just wondering, how are you sure the FO was the one who wanted to give Moore just one year? You know it is possible Moore asked for a one year deal hoping he would prove himself and earn more money. That didn't happen, but that is a possibility.

Dude come on man???:confused::confused:

What player would risk injury On a 1 year deal? No player in any sports want a 1 year deal. Player want guarantees money Multi year contract. A 1 year deal is a big risk for a player 2 take. Look at Matt now he's hurt and this injury could ruin his career.

I think Moore is better than Clausen but it doesn't make since to have Moore and Clausen on the team seeing as neither performed for us last year. I really don't understand why we have to keep Clausen, I think it is very weak mentality and goes against competition. A more competitive team I think would be willing to cut its losses.

In summary, if Clausen is on the roster we shouldn't keep Moore, but the wisest choice would be to cut Clausen, keep Moore, bring in a veteran.

CRA just a question. If Fox would have put Matt Moore in earlier in the '09-'10

and he played like he did and led that team to the playoffs. Would he have gotton a multi year deal? Or the same 1 year 3million dollar tender?

I would guess he would get the same 1 yr deal (not that I would agree w/ it).

Same reason Thomas Davis, Charles Johnson, DeAngleo, Beason, and all the other Carolina players would not have gotten new deals or contracts reworked prior to the start of this past season.

Archived