• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

I think Moore is better than Clausen but it doesn't make since to have Moore and Clausen on the team seeing as neither performed for us last year. I really don't understand why we have to keep Clausen, I think it is very weak mentality and goes against competition. A more competitive team I think would be willing to cut its losses.

In summary, if Clausen is on the roster we shouldn't keep Moore, but the wisest choice would be to cut Clausen, keep Moore, bring in a veteran.

word to Big Bird.

Dude come on man???:confused::confused:

What player would risk injury On a 1 year deal? No player in any sports want a 1 year deal. Player want guarantees money Multi year contract. A 1 year deal is a big risk for a player 2 take. Look at Matt now he's hurt and this injury could ruin his career.

Moore didn't have a choice either way and the FO had no reason to give him more than 1 year. They tendered him as high as they could and IF another team offered him a contract we don't know what they would have done so it could have been multi-year.

Why would Richardson offer him a multi year deal when he only has to pay next to nothing for a starting QB for one year while the CBA gets resolved.

It would have been a terrible business decision to offer him a 3 year deal when he didn't have to and risk paying him for a year when there is no football.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I would guess he would get the same 1 yr deal (not that I would agree w/ it).

Hurney would really look stupid given a QB who led the team 2 the playoffs a 1 year deal. Then if I'm Matt hell no would I sign a deal like that. If he had led this team last year too the playoffs. He could have forced a trade 2 alot of teams. He would have better credentials then Cassel

Same reason Thomas Davis, Charles Johnson, DeAngleo, Beason, and all the other Carolina players would not have gotten new deals or contracts reworked prior to the start of this past season.

Davis Injury concearn

CJ this was his breakout season

Dwill we have a stable of RB and he is the oldest

Beason Is still under contract

Now I think the CBA has alot too do with them not having contract already but it's not the only reason. Plus matt not in this Catagory of priority player on this list. He may be a few teirs below this list.

Dude come on man???:confused::confused:

What player would risk injury On a 1 year deal? No player in any sports want a 1 year deal. Player want guarantees money Multi year contract. A 1 year deal is a big risk for a player 2 take. Look at Matt now he's hurt and this injury could ruin his career.

If offered a multi year contract he would have gotten maybe 2 mil a year. If he got a one year contract and performed great last season, he would probably make 4 or 5 mil a year under a new contract. In that case, taking a one year contract would make more sense if he thought he could prove himself. And even with a multi year deal, it's not like they would have guaranted him that much. It is likely it was the FO idea, but it's not entirely impossible that Moore asked for a one year deal.

And how does his contract mean they don't have any faith he could be the future? Everyone admits he went cheap last season. Why would he sign Moore and pay more than he has to? No matter how much confidence he had in Moore, that wouldn't go along with his plan last season of dumping contracts.

Moore didn't have a choice either way and the FO had no reason to give him more than 1 year. They tendered him as high as they could and IF another team offered him a contract we don't know what they would have done so it could have been multi-year.

Why would Richardson offer him a multi year deal when he only has to pay next to nothing for a starting QB for one year while the CBA gets resolved.

It would have been a terrible business decision to offer him a 3 year deal when he didn't have to and risk paying him for a year when there is no football.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Read other people's post (chef) brought up the idea that maybe Moore wanted a 1 year contract not me.

Read other people's post (chef) brought up the idea that maybe Moore wanted a 1 year contract not me.

Pretty sure he was responding to your post about how they don't think he could be the future since they didn't lock him up for multiple years.

Even if Moore had lead us to the playoffs this year, he'd still not have a new contract right now... so how can you say it was purely based on his performance??

Mav I'm talking about the 09'-10' if he had led that team 2 the playoffs and cleaned up Jake's mess. Their is no reason this FO wouldn't have tried 2 lock him down long term. Or trade him for a big return. If he had leading a team too the playoffs on his record no way he or his agent take a 1 year deal.

Mav I'm talking about the 09'-10' if he had led that team 2 the playoffs and cleaned up Jake's mess. Their is no reason this FO wouldn't have tried 2 lock him down long term. Or trade him for a big return. If he had leading a team too the playoffs on his record no way he or his agent take a 1 year deal.

He wouldn't have a choice since he would be restricted.

3mil > 0

I understand but it's the same reason JR didn't offer him a multi year deal. Not because he didn't trust him, but because he had no reason to do otherwise.

But that is My point. Other then some nice games at the end of the 09-10 season. They had no reason in given him anything other then a 1 year deal. It was the best situation for the team. If he played well then they sign him long term after the CBA is resloved. If not then they Pay him 3 million and move another direction. That's why this was a Performance based deal for Matt. Play well get a big contract, play bad well you know.

Archived