• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dumbing down of Nascar.

Squirrel

Quite true. Whereas 42 and 44 are even numbers! :D

Personally, I like the points change. I thought the old system was too convoluted.

well, it was written on a paper napkin back in a bar in the 70's.:willy_nilly:

The new points system is good for the new Nascar viewer which is what they are targeting. Personally, I think they need to get rid of some of the new generic cookie cutter tracks and maybe shorten some of the races.

Totally agree in adding variety in the tracks as well as shortening some races... as has been stated ad nauseum.

I miss North Wilkesboro Speedway... that was a fun and interesting short track. I remember going to see my first qualifying and race at the track during my freshman year at App State back in 1995. I fell in love with NASCAR at that event.

I miss North Wilkesboro Speedway... that was a fun and interesting short track. I remember going to see my first qualifying and race at the track during my freshman year at App State back in 1995. I fell in love with NASCAR at that event.

IMO this sums up what is wrong with NASCAR. Doing away with the Rockingham and North Wilkesboro races and sending them to cookie-cutter tracks in places like Vegas alienated alot of the true die-hards that followed the sport here in the South.That's the equivalent of moving the Packers franchise to a market like LA. I'm not a big fan of NASCAR by any means, but I appreciate the history and what it means to the state of NC and the region as a whole.

While NASCAR may in fact be more popular now than it was a decade ago, it has become a shell of what it once was.

I grew up watching NASCAR. Bill Elliott was my hero.

Over time I got fed up with two major things.

- The points system, it really can be simple and this change may get me watching again.

- The moving of races to Vegas/Cali etc. Part of the fun of it was that there were several races per year within reasonable driving distance. I loved to go to out of town races with my pops.

Despite the fact that these changes may be unappealing to you Squirrel, they may ultimately save the sport you love, FWIW.

Archived