• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dumbing down of Nascar.

Squirrel

Problem is they wont start racing now. A driver is not going to risk losing 40 points to take the lead when it only will net him 5 points for a win.

I think the wild card slots should help eliminate that. Places a premium on wins.

All I know is my wife and I saw the report about this on sportscenter last night and we were both like "hey, I might start watching again now", and that is what Nascar is after.

Problem is they wont start racing now. A driver is not going to risk losing 40 points to take the lead when it only will net him 5 points for a win.

This is my thinking as well, and why I am not a fan of the change. I think the changes will penalize a driver more for 1 bad race, than rewarding them for consistent good races. With points being so close now one bad race can drop you quickly.

Say you have an average finish of 3rd for 4 races and another racer and average of 12th. So your about 36 points ahead. then with 1 bad race you finish like 39th, now you neck and neck with that other driver from one bad race.

You will not see racers driving as hard for positions as 1 point is not a huge difference in the scheme of things, but being aggressive with one wreck will penalize you greatly.

Brian Frances has changed something in the rules ever season he's been in charge .

Resulting in a watered down sport.

This will help with the saftey of the sport,A driver would be stupid to hang everthing on a risky move

It will also change pit stops late in a race 2 tires or no tires to keep position

The Jimmy Johnson and 42 friends Sunday Drive continues

Atleast make it where the winner gets atleast 25-50 points bonus for winning.

I thought "nothing was wrong with the old points system." Why would you want such a monumental change in this new one? 25-50 points to the race winner is a HUGE change!!!!

I thought "nothing was wrong with the old points system." Why would you want such a monumental change in this new one? 25-50 points to the race winner is a HUGE change!!!!

Im talking with new system. 3 points for a win wont get them to race for the win. 50 point bonus and they will be beating and banging for the win.

Archived