• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious question for Hawk...

Darth Biscuit

at least you get to wear a skirt! the only difference for me is if i wear a polo or a button up.

and women get to wear open toed shoes and still look professional. y'all definitely got the good side of that double standard.

you go put on panty hoes with pumps and a pencil skirt that's so skinny you can't walk in it then come back to me.

did the skirt thing yesterday, wearing pants today, gotta switch it up

sounds like you are trying to move up the ladder.

girls i'm talking about wear skirts that aren't like you describe, no hose in spring and summer, and shoes that are very open. some even wear capri pants. those are just shorts that pass the knee!!

sounds like you are trying to move up the ladder.

girls i'm talking about wear skirts that aren't like you describe, no hose in spring and summer, and shoes that are very open. some even wear capri pants. those are just shorts that pass the knee!!

Yeah, ummm...movin up the ladder here would probably involve me dressing more like a man based on my boss' preferences.

No hose in the spring/summer is really a preference. I normally don't do it, but some women wear hoes year round.

The only open shoes I wear are pumps that have an open toe, no crazy platform sandals or anything, those I wear outside the office.

If the girls you are taking about aren't wearing the skirts I describe, they aren't dressing professionally. This is a professional pencil skirt:

pencil-skirt.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSAvGqF_K5eCUshNS3s27QI5L_DQiGqgOgQB4cqEybgammBXX0&t=1

not as comfortable as it looks. especially when I have to get into my SUV every morning without ripping the back of it.

ladies here wear very strappy flats in the summer. their skirts are long as the pencil ones(sexy btw), but much more comfy looking. loose, but nice looking. And again, many just wear capris. one girl in my last location literally wore them every day. i just want to wear some flip flops honestly. khaki shorts would be nice too though.

ladies here wear very strappy flats in the summer. their skirts are long as the pencil ones(sexy btw), but much more comfy looking. loose, but nice looking. And again, many just wear capris. one girl in my last location literally wore them every day. i just want to wear some flip flops honestly. khaki shorts would be nice too though.

Yeah, the strappy thing is something I would do on like a Friday, but they wouldn't be flats.

I have one pair of capris, but they are business pants material, so I just wear those with some pumps.

Its mainly either nice business slacks, or a skirt, and jeans on Fridays.

Yes, we southerners prefer the less clothes over more.

If you don't like the hot/humid, I wouldn't recommend coming to Charlotte in the summer.

oh, I prefer the less over more thought too...and screw ya...I'm cancelling my trip and not coming...thanks alot!!!!!

Houston/New Orleans...simply the two worst places I've ever been in the summer time!

Archived