• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which has more upside?

Brokenbad

No joke, but what good is WR without a QB?

Are you saying that we should get a QB or Green?

If so, who the hell in this draft is going to be worth a damn?

PLEASE dont say Newton!

doesn't mean we can't try to improve WR and get our corps ready for our future QB.

anyway, i don't have as much faith in our WR corps as is as others do. steve smith's future is unknown; will he get traded? how much longer will he last? how many games will he miss (and you know he's going to miss some. the guy can't go a season without missing at least one).

gettis and lafell are about as much a sure thing as keary colbert was after his rookie year with just as much potential to fall apart.

the notion that we need to avoid WR because we don't have the QB situation settled is pretty silly. what's the point in getting an elite QB when we don't have anyone to throw to? that question is just as valid and ridiculous.

doesn't mean we can't try to improve WR and get our corps ready for our future QB.

anyway, i don't have as much faith in our WR corps as is as others do. steve smith's future is unknown; will he get traded? how much longer will he last? how many games will he miss (and you know he's going to miss some. the guy can't go a season without missing at least one).

gettis and lafell are about as much a sure thing as keary colbert was after his rookie year with just as much potential to fall apart.

the notion that we need to avoid WR because we don't have the QB situation settled is pretty silly. what's the point in getting an elite QB when we don't have anyone to throw to? that question is just as valid and ridiculous.

Sigh, seems to be valid points to all opinions.

I keep telling myself that this new coaching staff will better develop these young guys than Fox and Co. ever did.

I guess that is why I have confindence in Gettis and LaFell.

i had confidence in colbert and kept making excuses for him for a couple years. same with carter. to an extent, same with jarrett. i won't be doing that again.

new coaching staff should be ablet to do well with a young QB brought in, shouldn't they? they should be able to improve the QB situation about just as much as WR, right?

young players meaning under 30. trades like that are made all the time.

getting that 2nd would depend on us trading away one of the players we already have in conjunction with a late round pick.

Doesn't that typically occur after the draft when a team knows what their new guys can offer and involve the next years draft picks? Such as with Harris and Tyler? I can't remember if Leonard was cut or traded for.

i had confidence in colbert and kept making excuses for him for a couple years. same with carter. to an extent, same with jarrett. i won't be doing that again.

new coaching staff should be ablet to do well with a young QB brought in, shouldn't they? they should be able to improve the QB situation about just as much as WR, right?

With all respect, I am confused sir.

Did you want to draft a qb or pick one up in free agency?

I am not trying to disagree with you.

This whole situation this year is tricky. The last place team in the NFL always needs tons of different players, lol.

Doesn't that typically occur after the draft when a team knows what their new guys can offer and involve the next years draft picks? Such as with Harris and Tyler? I can't remember if Leonard was cut or traded for.
it depends. new regime coming in makes a lot of things possible. they don't have the oyalty to players that we do and someone that was seen as being not quite the right fit for what they want to do or someone who might be considered an obstacle to growth (kind of like a grumpy old WR) might be up for trade early on or even on draft day(s).

think back to a couple years ago when rex ryan went to the jets and mangini went to the browns. quite a few trades happened on draft day.

also think back to when mike smith took over in atlanta. quite a few guys were flat out released because they wanted to build with the youth that was there and didn't want anyone who could bring down the attitude in the locker room.

since i cant post my own thread... Did you know that nick fairley isn't even the number 1 DT prospect... according to mayock.

do what?

Defensive Tackle:

*1. Nick Fairley, Auburn

*2. Marcell Dareus, Alabama

*3. Corey Liuget, Illinois

*4. Jurrell Casey, Southern California

5. Stephen Paea, Oregon State

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/mike-mayocks-top-5-draft-prospects-at-each-position/

"He’s a kid with elite ability, one of the only kids in the last 10 years where I can honestly say he can play every defensive line position in any scheme," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock told the National Football Post. "He can play in the 3-4, he can play in the 4-3. He’s a difference-maker."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mike-Mayock-on-Nick-Fairley-He-has-elite-ability.html

lol

Archived