• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torry Holt will lead us to the promised land

Fiz

A veteran NFL scout told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the Rams were shopping Orlando Pace and Torry Holt for a third-round pick at last month's Senior Bowl.

St. Louis reportedly could've gotten a first-rounder for Holt at last October's trade deadline from an NFL team "believed to be" the Titans. The Rams balked at the offer, as interim coach Jim Haslett was trying to win games and keep the full-time head job. Pace is coming off a better season and is more valuable property than Holt now. However, St. Louis can double its salary cap space from $14M to $28M by moving both players by June 1. Feb. 8 - 12:38 pm et

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Normally I try not to let my heart get in the way of decisions I think are good for the team. Normally I don't go gaga over wide receivers. Normally I don't think we should EVER under any circumstances use draft picks on things that aren't attempts at long term solutions.

but god damn I want Tory Holt to retire in North Carolina.

I'm still haunted by how he would single handedly destroy the Tarheels

Normally I try not to let my heart get in the way of decisions I think are good for the team. Normally I don't go gaga over wide receivers. Normally I don't think we should EVER under any circumstances use draft picks on things that aren't attempts at long term solutions.

but god damn I want Tory Holt to retire in North Carolina.

I'm still haunted by how he would single handedly destroy the Tarheels

Holt is over the hill for the cost at this point. He counts almost 7 million again the cap. We already have Moose we need someone in their mid 20s not someone else who will be 33 in June. If I were trying to get a great receiver for draft picks I would be looking at Boldin not Holt.

Archived