• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I the only one?

cookinbrak

1. I really wanted them to radius the banking-to-flat portion of the track and do away with the yellow line completely when they re-paved. :(

2. Lesson learned for a lot of drivers right there. I think most of them will hold their line in the last laps of the 500 if (cross that out, read "when" instead) the same situation presents itself. There is a distinct possibility for a Clint Bowyer moment this year (the whole crossing the finish line upside down, backwards and on fire thing).

3. I like the return to higher speeds and closing rates. I could do without the whole 2 car thing, though. Reminds me of a Humpy Wheeler stunt race. 2 cars chained together, steering locked on the front car, but he has the gas pedal. The back car steers. It's okay as a Saturday night distraction between the heats and the feature races at 50 mph on a quarter mile, not so much at 200+ at Daytona.

4. I didn't like that the top 4 were able to get far enough away that they couldn't be threatened by the rest of the pack in the final 2 laps. Meh, we'll see what the 500 brings, they're still learning how to do this new type of drafting at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived