• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Wars NJO Series

Darth Biscuit

I (finally) just finished this entire 19 book series. Been working on it since early November. Anybody else read this whole series? I read a lot of the early books in the early and mid-nineties then got out of it. I got back into reading them this past year with the 'Legacy of the Force' series which was pretty good, but not great. I know, I read them out of order, but it didn't really matter much.

I thoroughly enjoyed the NJO series. There were a few books that were so-so, but overall it was really good.

Now I'm on to the 'Dark Nest' series and there look to be some good ones coming out this year...

I can't find any SW books here in Spain, I'm going to need to catch up when I get back.

Did anyone read "Death Star" or the Darth Bane books?

I have not yet read "Death Star" but I have read both of the Darth Bane books, which I thought were quite good. There is supposed to be a third coming out this year, but by a different author I believe.

One of the best ones I've read overall is "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" by James Luceno. It was excellent.

I love the Wookiepedia site as they have info on the novels and all of the characters, worlds, etc.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the time to finish the "Dark Nest" series... It was OK. I think I may now go back a re-read the 'Legacy of the Force' series since I read them out of order. Looks like some interesting ones coming out in a few months in the new 'Fate of the Jedi' series. Certainly no shortage of Star Wars books out there to read.

Finally got the time to finish the "Dark Nest" series... It was OK. I think I may now go back a re-read the 'Legacy of the Force' series since I read them out of order. Looks like some interesting ones coming out in a few months in the new 'Fate of the Jedi' series. Certainly no shortage of Star Wars books out there to read.

The "Fate of the Jedi" series looks stupid and repetitive. "Oh noes! The Jedi are outcasts and pariahs! Will they be exterminated?!?! SAVE US LUKE!!!!"

I must say I've been spoiled by reading Warhammer 40k. Its everything Star Wars could be. Its much darker and grittier.

Archived