• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please GOD no, Aso to Eagles?

Brokenbad

I might be wrong but unless the Raiders have released Aso he is still under contract and no one can touch him. You saw the tampering fine given to Detroit, same rule applies. While Philly might want him and talking about him. NO GROUND WORK has been done. It would be considered tampering.

When, (if) the CBA every gets done. Teams will have a week or so to get deals done with their free agents before the market opens up.

Then I am sure Aso will listen to all offers before jumping on one. So if we really want him we will have as much an opportunity as Philly does.

I MIGHT BE WRONG, but I don't think so.

I might be wrong but unless the Raiders have released Aso he is still under contract and no one can touch him. You saw the tampering fine given to Detroit, same rule applies. While Philly might want him and talking about him. NO GROUND WORK has been done. It would be considered tampering.

When, (if) the CBA every gets done. Teams will have a week or so to get deals done with their free agents before the market opens up.

Then I am sure Aso will listen to all offers before jumping on one. So if we really want him we will have as much an opportunity as Philly does.

I MIGHT BE WRONG, but I don't think so.

The Raiders didn't release him, but there was a clause in his contract that caused the deal to be voided (I believe it was based on playing time) and there was a further clause saying the Raiders couldn't Franchise him. But I believe you are correct in that he is being treated like a regular free agent available in March and not like a guy who got cut by his team and is immediately available (ala Bob Sanders).

But it's like you said, the CBA will get done and he will listen to all the offers. We will get a shot at him if that's what the front office wants to do. This is a team that has consistently spent top money, to a fault at times, to be competitive with the exception of last year. They will do that again as soon as the CBA is settled.

Archived