• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB43's big lesson: Quarterbacks are important

raleigh-panther

Then that is funny and hypocritical on your part. Jake's winning percentage is the best in the division standing at 62%. While Jake is anything but a pretty passer by all accounts he is clearly a winner. He has more 4th quarter comebacks than most present quarterbacks in the league. And his fourth quarter passer rating is much higher than the rest of the game.

If you were clearly for a winner you would be in Jake's corner and you are not. I guess the grass only looks greener on the other side of the fence.

Jake is a winner? I thought winners show "consistency". How many back to back winning seasons has Delhomme put up? What has Jake looked like in his last 2 playoff games? How many of those 4th quarter comebacks were a result of his shitty play the first 3 quarters of the game? Jake is a "gambler", a QB who will lose you as many games as he will win you.

I swear man the Delhomme apologists have gone mad. What dissapoints me the most about them is they will defend Jake's mediocre ass to the death, but will then turn around diminish what guys like Rothlisberger and McNabb have done. Its straight comedy.

Look at you, you criticize jake because he hasn't won a Superbowl yet McNabb has a history of playing very poor in the postseason and has yet to win one as well.

You point out Ben as a winner and negate Jake who has more comeback wins. Guess who was more mediocre this year until the postseason- yes that would be Ben. And if the Steelers had our defense they wouldn't have been playing in the Super Bowl this year either.

You and your band of haters are the kings of comedy and hypocritical posts.

Naw...you can't disrespect the franchise leading rushing...but the franchise leading passer. That is fine.

It's not like the franchises leading rusher is anything to be proud of, same with the franchises leading passer.

It will be when Williams becomes the leading rusher though.

Lets not talk about apologists. You defended Fosters sorry ass.

Tell me sir, did Foster ever SINGLE HANDEDLY lose us a playoff game? Foster fumbles once in a game and it was off with his head. Jake gives the opposition the ball 6 fuging TIMES and its damage control. "Oh we cant win without Jake", "hes the end all be all", "Jake's feelings are more important than the future of the franchise, blah, blah, blah". I had no problem with the Panthers going in a different direction last year and letting Foster go. It was time. Its BEEN time for us to upgrade the QB position. Jake is done.

It's not like the franchises leading rusher is anything to be proud of, same with the franchises leading passer.

It will be when Williams becomes the leading rusher though.

Believe me. I'm not touting the line "you can't say nothing about the franchise leading x". I'm mocking how much of a joke it is.

Jake is a winner? I thought winners show "consistency". How many back to back winning seasons has Delhomme put up? What has Jake looked like in his last 2 playoff games? How many of those 4th quarter comebacks were a result of his sh*tty play the first 3 quarters of the game? Jake is a "gambler", a QB who will lose you as many games as he will win you.

If you look at our record since 2005 while Jake has been the starter, he has a winning record in the past 4 years. 2005 (11-5), 2006 (7-6), 2007 (2-1) and 2008 (12-4). Look pretty good to me. In fact since he came here he has only had 1 losing season which was 2004. It isn't his fault he got hurt in 2006 and in 2007 and we have sucked without him.

The mark of a good quarterback is winning when the game is on the line, just as you said with Ben. Guess who had poorer stats in the regular season, fewer 4th quarter comebacks, and more crappy games in the first 3 quarters between Ben and Jake. Yeah that would be Ben.

Yeah as usual you are wrong on almost all counts.

Look at you, you criticize jake because he hasn't won a Superbowl yet McNabb has a history of playing very poor in the postseason and has yet to win one as well.

No, I criticize Jake because he's mediocre and is not a very good QB. The only people in the world who would even entertain Jake being in the same breath as McNabb are the homers on this board. McNabb put up 375 yards & 3 TDs against the very same team Delhomme choked against 2 weeks prior.

You point out Ben as a winner and negate Jake who has more comeback wins. Guess who was more mediocre this year until the postseason- yes that would be Ben. And if the Steelers had our defense they wouldn't have been playing in the Super Bowl this year either.

You and your band of haters are the kings of comedy and hypocritical posts.

Ben is a "winner" because he's won at the highest level. 2 Super Bowl rings, 2 division titles, the most wins as a starter since coming into the league. And oh yeah, he's put up back to back to winning seasons. I agree with Fox007, that Big Ben is a young version of what Delhomme was supposed to be.

Tell me sir, did Foster ever SINGLE HANDEDLY lose us a playoff game? Foster fumbles once in a game and it was off with his head. Jake gives the opposition the ball 6 f*ckING TIMES and its damage control. "Oh we cant win without Jake", "hes the end all be all", "Jake's feelings are more important than the future of the franchise, blah, blah, blah". I had no problem with the Panthers going in a different direction last year and letting Foster go. It was time. Its BEEN time for us to upgrade the QB position. Jake is done.

The difference between Jake and Foster is this. If you look at their entire body of work. Jake bad outweighed the good. Entire body of work. Not one game. Foster for his career has had more fumbles than TD's. Probally lead the league in line-man butt humps too.

Ok though, you guys want us to upgrade...right. Nothing is wrong with that. Lets say Jake is equilvent to 20 tons of sh*t. Right now our other options to upgrade is 40 tons of sh*t.

If you look at our record since 2005 while Jake has been the starter, he has a winning record in the past 4 years. 2005 (11-5), 2006 (7-6), 2007 (2-1) and 2008 (12-4). Look pretty good to me. In fact since he came here he has only had 1 losing season which was 2004. It isn't his fault he got hurt in 2006 and in 2007 and we have sucked without him.

The mark of a good quarterback is winning when the game is on the line, just as you said with Ben. Guess who had poorer stats in the regular season, fewer 4th quarter comebacks, and more crappy games in the first 3 quarters between Ben and Jake. Yeah that would be Ben.

Yeah as usual you are wrong on almost all counts.

Yet here are Bens 2005 (11-5) 2006 (8-8) 2007 (10-6) 2008 (12-4). But all of that is because of their defense.:rolleyes:

Jake has his record because he is the best QB ever and not because of the team.

If the mark of a good quarterback is winning when the game is on the line, then why did you go to show who has better stats in the REGULAR season, taking nonsense about comebacks and such.

It doesn't matter who has MORE. You just said it, it matters that they actually do it not who does it more.

Given the chance Ben makes comeback wins, and makes plays when he has to. It's not his fault he don't have to sit out games when hes hurt, or that he doesn't have to come from behind to win as often as Jake.

You like to run around an call everyone wrong and tout this "im right" attitude, but really you haven't been yet.

Yet here are Bens 2005 (11-5) 2006 (8-8) 2007 (10-6) 2008 (12-4). But all of that is because of their defense.:rolleyes:

Jake has his record because he is the best QB ever and not because of the team.

If the mark of a good quarterback is winning when the game is on the line, then why did you go to show who has better stats in the REGULAR season, taking nonsense about comebacks and such.

It doesn't matter who has MORE. You just said it, it matters that they actually do it not who does it more.

Given the chance Ben makes comeback wins, and makes plays when he has to. It's not his fault he don't have to sit out games when hes hurt, or that he doesn't have to come from behind to win as often as Jake.

You like to run around an call everyone wrong and tout this "im right" attitude, but really you haven't been yet.

He showed Jake's record to show that Jake was a "winner". He didn't say Ben wasn't a winner or that Ben wasn't good. By showing Ben's record all you are doing is showing that yup... he is a winner. But that doesn't disprove what he said about Delhomme.

And if the Steelers had our QB they wouldn't have been playing in the Super Bowl this year as well.

Hard to say, if we control Arizona like Pittsburgh did in the first half we don't abandon the run and maybe Jake doesn't fall apart like he did.

No, I criticize Jake because he's mediocre and is not a very good QB. The only people in the world who would even entertain Jake being in the same breath as McNabb are the homers on this board. McNabb put up 375 yards & 3 TDs against the very same team Delhomme choked against 2 weeks prior.

Funny thing is that McNabb is even liked in Philly let alone the whole league. Looking at one game in isolation as a comparison is ridiculous. McNabb has a history of choking in the playoffs, in fact this game was probably one of his best. As for the comparison between the 2, McNabb was benched at one point this year and replaced by a back-up for bad play. Many thought he was through.

Ben is a "winner" because he's won at the highest level. 2 Super Bowl rings, 2 division titles, the most wins as a starter since coming into the league. And oh yeah, he's put up back to back to winning seasons. I agree with Fox007, that Big Ben is a young version of what Delhomme was supposed to be.

Replace Ben with the Steelers and we can agree. Ben won his first last Superbowl with an incredibly poor performance. He was also very average this year as well until the playoffs. His Superbowl performance this year was much better. However, whose Super Bowl stats are better than Ben's? Yeah that would be Jake's. The difference again is that the Steelers had the defense to close it out while we let Brady march down the field. Jake did his part but the defense didn't. And read my previous post. Jake has had 4 winning seasons in a row. Problem is that we can't win without him.

Archived