• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouts on Cam post combine

teeray

per McShay and Gantt:

http://www.derp/2011/2/28/2020056/todd-mcshay-talks-about-the-nfl-combine

McShay said he spoke to one head scout for a team with no need for a QB who responded when asked who Carolina should take said "Cam Newton".

McShay added that that numerous scouts see Newton as a 'once in a decade' prospect, even after his lackluster throwing display yesterday

Gantt: Here's another thought on Cam: Talked to one of the smartest people I know in the league. He wasn't shaken by yesterday's "bad" workout. Smart Guy: "Could still be a transformative player, a Magic Johnson, 6-9 point guard. We just want to see improvement from now til pro day." He has loads of physical talent, but it still a work in progress. You know that going in. Needs help to be special. Also, the smart guy shrugged when asked about Newton missing short outs high. "It's when he leaves them inside they get taken back for six."

McShay said that he still believes Blaine Gabbert is the best quarterback in the 2011 draft.

I wouldn't close the door just yet. Like I said earlier I don't think he had quite as bad a combine as some people would like to think.

Can't you just make "teeray's Cam Newton Updates Thread" or something.. I see like 0498309480943 threads by you all with the same purpose in mind.

Also another thing.. If other teams actually don't highly regard Cam, of course they'd want us to take him. It'd be a wasted pick. It's NFL diplomacy.

Cam actually had a really good workout, he just messed up on some of the throwing drills. He's got the measurables. He's got the throwing motion, it's just accuracy and timing he needs to work on and that's something that can be fixed with coaching. So i'd hope a lot of people aren't putting so much weight into the combine especially with no defenders in your face.

Can't you just make "teeray's Cam Newton Updates Thread" or something.. I see like 0498309480943 threads by you all with the same purpose in mind.

Also another thing.. If other teams actually don't highly regard Cam, of course they'd want us to take him. It'd be a wasted pick. It's NFL diplomacy.

Cam actually had a really good workout, he just messed up on some of the throwing drills. He's got the measurables. He's got the throwing motion, it's just accuracy and timing he needs to work on and that's something that can be fixed with coaching. So i'd hope a lot of people aren't putting so much weight into the combine especially with no defenders in your face.

I think I have only started like two threads on Cam. I may have 0498309480943 (is the zero in the front necessary?) on Cam though.

Plus I would never be like JOAT and start a thread in the third person. That is too arrogant :D

Archived