• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"I'm a person and my name is Anakin....in 3D"

Jangler

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/03/us-starwars-idUSTRE72264G20110303

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Lucasfilm Ltd. and 20th Century Fox will release the 3D version of "Star Wars: Episode I:The Phantom Menace on February 10, 2012."

George Lucas' Industrial Light & Magic is supervising the 3D conversion, with an eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

Lucasfilm believes "Star Wars" is perfectly suited to be seen in 3D.

Lucas hopes that releasing the film early in the year, outside of summer blockbuster season, will give it an open run at the box office and also set up the opportunity to sell merchandise through the balance of the year.

If the first in the series meets with success, the remaining five films would follow a year apart on comparable dates. However, depending on how the first release performs, the companies could also decide to open the subsequent entries in different spots on the calendar.

When the new, special-edition versions of the original three "Star Wars" movies were re-released in 1997, that cycle began with a re-release of "Episode IV: A New Hope" on January 31, followed by "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" on February 21 and "Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" on March 14.

I used to think Gene Simmons was the worst of the "anything to make a buck" crowd. This pretty solidly propels Mr Lucas to the top of that list.

I think its still Gene, but really would you turn down the opportunity to rape a couple hundred more million dollars.

F*ck it why not...

i love the phantom menace but idk how you can make a movie that's not 3d become 3d tho, sounds like a rip off

There have been 3d films recently that weren't filmed in 3d and get converted later....usually it has a very artificial look, but if lucas is doing it, I can't imagine it not looking great.

Really? Lucas is such a douchebag... make some new ones dumbass.

Get a clue, the prequels sucked.

you don't like his newer works but you tell him to make new ones? this is why i don't participate in any star wars fans related stuff. the people are ridiculous and can't be taken seriously.

i would be interested to see episodes 7, 8 and 9. i've never read them though, and that interest is just because I like star wars in general. just not enough to continue giving lucas my money. especially when all six episodes can be seen on spike tv.

Archived