• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Signs Point to Newton as Panthers' #1

Catalyst

It would be hiliarious if the man with t-shirts was black. Wonder how KT would respond to that

Id call him a dumbass. If he does post here it wouldnt even be the first time someone from this board had some t shirts printed up to voice their disgust towards an african american qb. Weve been there, done that. Youre too young to remember though. chef17, another guy who said Newt is a reach and and that we'd never draft. Adolesence is a time when its ok to be wrong a lot. ;)

I definitely think we will take a QB in the draft. Newton or Gabbert? I will leave that up to the professionals.

While I don't agree with Tom that often I think he is right that it is time to find our franchise guy. It sucks it isn't Luck but you have to move on and do the best you can at this point. I totally reject the notion that other than Luck there is no QB in college football declaring for the draft that will be a franchise quarterback in the NFL. If that guy is out there, and I beleive he is, then we have the opportunity to pick him this year.

I agree that safe isn't always better. It is what got Fox fired and failed to net him back to back winning seasons.

"Sometimes you gotta say "What the fug", make your move. Joel, every now and then, saying "What the fug", brings freedom. Freedom brings opportunity, opportunity makes your future".

Hadn't seen this posted yet, though I'm sure most of us have read it by now. I wonder if they know something we don't that they aren't allowed to report because it's 'off the record'?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/15/2143820/all-signs-point-to-newton-as-panthers.html

The only part of his game that works is the scrambling.

So we have to believe he will morph into a pocket passer? I am sure i do not want him if that is the case

Id call him a dumbass. If he does post here it wouldnt even be the first time someone from this board had some t shirts printed up to voice their disgust towards an african american qb. Weve been there, done that. Youre too young to remember though. chef17, another guy who said Newt is a reach and and that we'd never draft. Adolesence is a time when its ok to be wrong a lot. ;)

Got no problem being wrong but please show me where I said we woud never draft Cam

Has any team ever went so public with their intentions except for the purpose of bluffing?

We haven't gone public. What's been reported has been leaked via league sources, just as our workouts/interviews with Peterson, Mallett, Dareus, etc.

Really, this debate is pointless. Whether you do or don't want Newton to be the pick, the point of the article - and of my post - is that all evidence so far indicates that he's the favorite to be the pick.

I would suggest the anti-Cam posters at least attempt to begin to get used to the idea of him as the new face of our franchise because the odds are pretty damn good it's going to happen.

Hell, as badly as I want Cam to be the pick I accepted the possibility a LONG time ago that it could be someone else, despite the lack of evidence that it may be. I don't think a lot of the anti-Cam folks here have done the same, therefore I expect an explosion on draft day if/when we make him our pick.

^^^^^ what he said. Mayock even liked him after those questions were answered.

I can't find the quote but Mayock drilled him about being a one read and run QB and his response was (paraphrased)

That he chose Auburn (for the $$ lol) and that he ran their offense to the best of his abilities and that whatever NFL team he was lucky enough to play for he would run their offense how they want it run and do his best with it.

I thought it was a good answer and that it's been overlooked in all the Newton debate.

Archived