• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daytona 500 Race thread

Squirrel

honestly ask hmsmike. were you around when they did the rain racing in japan in he post season and the trucks at the glen (cant remember when that was, was only practice and maybe Q)? i remember they have wipers for the cars and all, but isnt a big problem the interior fogged up? i liked the rain races in jap when they did it, but that was what well over 10 years ago. heck maybe 15?

They still prep the cars for rain at the road courses and basically what gets added is a wiper motor for one blade on the front and a brake light mount in the back.

and actually I remember them figuring out a way around the defogging of the glass just can't remember what they did!

I know some people who are very close to the Pettys and they say it was somewhat ugly over there during much of last season. Kyle supposedly only visited their new headquarters in Charlotte twice. Plus it appears that the rumors that have circulated around him for years that he doesn't always try very hard on the track were true last year (at least) when he admitted it to his crew after the Richmond race.

Bobby didn't help but I don't blame him. He could not get a full answer from the Pettys if he was going to get a long term contract so he just sort of sided up with Childress. Unfortuantely it backfired because he told Richard Childress that he could bring Cheerios with him, instead Richard went after Cheerios but left Bobby in the wind. Thus the Pettys let him go for helping to lose the primary sponsor (among other issues). Not a good separation all the way around.

They still prep the cars for rain at the road courses and basically what gets added is a wiper motor for one blade on the front and a brake light mount in the back.

and actually I remember them figuring out a way around the defogging of the glass just can't remember what they did!

was it a heater or something. i remember a watkins glen race where it rained in practice and pre-race, and they mentioned something going into the car to help ith fogging (yet they mentioned results of the device varied). cant remember what exactly it was. fortunately no rain came along for the race.

was it a heater or something. i remember a watkins glen race where it rained in practice and pre-race, and they mentioned something going into the car to help ith fogging (yet they mentioned results of the device varied). cant remember what exactly it was. fortunately no rain came along for the race.

Yes your are correct because it required a Heater control Switch from Napa.

So are he and Richard at odds or is Richard not really part of it even though it is Petty Enterprises? I am a bit confused...

He's mad that his Dad sold out, but hell my point is that they were basically shut down to the point of no return and if it wasn't for this merger then they would have been out of business.

Hell it saved some jobs in the already weak market!!!

Of course Kyle just mad he can't ride around in the back anymore, I guess!! :rolleyes:

Archived