• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bowers has mediocre pro day

teeray

I can't link up so if someone wants to find a story and link it feel free. Apparently two scouts clocked him around 5.00 on his forty and was stiff in several drills.

Not sure how serious we were about him going into today but he didn't help himself amd didn't quash any rumors about his knee being healthy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/01/daquan-bowers-has-mixed-performance-at-pro-day/

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/1/2084922/daquan-bowers-pro-day-results-2011-nfl-draft

He reportedly looked good in defensive line drills and the three cone drill.

Bowers' much-discussed knee appeared to be fine throughout the workout, according to people at the event. For a 6'3", 276-pound defensive end that may or may not fit in a 3-4, however, the 40 times - and a reported degree of rust to his game - could cause him to start sliding (slightly) down draft boards.

I think where they said he looked stiff was in linebacker drills or something like that. So not sure how important those drills are for a DE.

I think where they said he looked stiff was in linebacker drills or something like that. So not sure how important those drills are for a DE.

The first one also said he looked rusty and a little winded but that was to be expected since he has been out of football for a while.

Word. I was going off the twitter feed. 40 times caught me off guard. Thatough he would be better but I just don't think he is healthy yet.

It is a double edged sword. If you say you are healthy but then struggle your stock drops. If you say you aren't healthy they think you heal slowly and your stock drops. He was kinda screwed either way.

I can't link up so if someone wants to find a story and link it feel free. Apparently two scouts clocked him around 5.00 on his forty and was stiff in several drills.

Not sure how serious we were about him going into today but he didn't help himself amd didn't quash any rumors about his knee being healthy.

Well call him 'Rock' because his draft value just sunk.

Archived