• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Having a family = not as many friends?

The Saltman

Welcome to bigboyworld.

It happens to everyone. Well, everyone with their priorities straight.

As stated by others, once the kids get a bit older you should take some couples time, although the first one you do will likely be stressful, worrying about the kids.

It gets a little easier, but a focus on your family is the correct approach.

The beer and the buddies (if they are real buddies) will be around in a few years.

Family time is precious. See JR's thread about time flying and how fast they grow up.

you may not get to go sit at a bar with friends, but you gotta take what you can get. keep on the running. i've taken up skateboarding behind my dogs. it wears them out, and its gotten me back on a board again. something i've missed since i left the lake area and haven't been able to go wakeboarding.

I will be 30 later this year, and am single, and of course without child.

Most of my best friends from either college, work, or hometown, are now married and have children. I never see them or hear from them. It seems that every moment in their lives is now planned for.

Kinda sucks for them, but I am having a great time.

God was I drunk when I posted this thread?

I sound like a freaking loser lol

Seems like sombody answered their own question :D

What about having the boys come over to your house every now and again? You could hang out in the garage and watch the baby play in the yard or so.

Seems like sombody answered their own question :D

What about having the boys come over to your house every now and again? You could hang out in the garage and watch the baby play in the yard or so.

I live in the suburbs which is like 35 min from atl. So sometimes that's a little difficult.

I live in the suburbs which is like 35 min from atl. So sometimes that's a little difficult.

35 Minutes?

That's not too far. Heck that's just a 6 pack or a pint of the Captain.

Out here we measure driving distance by how much beer or liquor it takes to get there....

Kinda proves that most of those guys aren't real friends huh?

see my first post in this thread. those people were always like, "but you are on the other side of the bridge". always pissed me off cuz its only a 10 minute drive, and there is pretty much no risk of the bridge going up on weekends. i couldn't get them out for a game, a cook out, or even just to hang. even if i had the beer taken care of. good riddance to them all!

Kinda proves that most of those guys aren't real friends huh?

I wouldn't say that.

Bottom line is priorities.

Yours have changed (for the better) and theirs are still rolling along as it were.

You are living the better life, IMHO and should never ever second guess the decision to start a family.

I'm sure if you really needed them, they would haul ass to you on a moments notice.

If you want to see how much of a friend they are, there is a simple test.

If they will drive you to/from the airport or bail you out of jail, that is a true friend.

Archived