• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Having a family = not as many friends?

The Saltman

Now that I have a family I hardly talk to any of my regular hang out buddies anymore. Most of them are either single, been married with no kids, or just playing the field.

It seems my social life has been reduced to nothing. Does this happen to most people going through what I'm going through or am I just a big loser?

It happens to everyone with family. Especially if your friends are single without kids. When I was with my ex, I hardly ever hung out with friends. In the past year, since my liberation, I have hung out with my old friends more than I had the previous 9. When you have a family you will end up making new friends that are in the same situation as you (especially when your girl starts school).

Also, you and Mrs. Saltman should set some "me" time aside every now and then. It is healthy for the relationship. It also gives you some alone time with your daughter to do a bit of bonding.

I use mine to go to the movies or golfing.

She uses her time to go to her hairstylist Johan. I think he is lousy because her hair seems to just be getting longer..

*Hookers*

Sure it can be lonely. If it don't fit, then maybe it's not for you. You could use that time to go hang with your buddies.

Another biggie is "Date Night". Funny thing, when I was hitched to my 2nd wife, our date night would be to go home and watch a movie with out the kiddies running around.

Getting married was one thing, having kids was another. I used to get pissed when my friends with families before me would be hard to get up with, now I know why.

Just remember Salty, you're not the loser, they are. Now, go to the mirror and repeat after me:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me."

first couple of years are like that. i will say this to any man with kids. if you never get time to go hang with the fellas, you are NOT taking care of the fam. do your job and your wife WANTS you to get guy time.

i get to go hang out alot by married dad standards but its only because i take care of the casa and she wants me to go have fun and play.

Archived