• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Kurb

Without going into to much detail, for the sake of those who haven't read the books, something I picked up on in this episode was Robert going from talking about the Targaryen's across the narrow sea immediately to Jon Snow's mother...almost as if he were suspicious.

Also I like how they're actually adding in scenes and dialogue that weren't in the books, and using them to enrich the plot and characters as opposed to changing it.

For those of you that are curious, things from the last episode that weren't in the books:

Jaime and Jon's conversation about the Night Watch.

Cersei's dialogue about losing her firstborn child to a fever.

EDIT: If you've read all the books and don't quite understand the potential connection between Jon Snow and the Targaryens, PM me and I'll be happy to fill you in on the general theory.

something I noticed when watching the first episode repeat this past weekend that I was going to mention is that the comment is made by the blond guy to his sister that "the dragon will be awakened soon enough" before she actually got those dragon eggs...

without revealing too much to me or whatever, was that just a metaphor for the fierceness of Drogo's army and his desire to take back his lands, or was it literally a dragon he was talking about? It made me think about that from sunbunny's spoiler speculations earlier and then the dialogue about dragons from EP. 2...

My honest recommendation is to wait until after season one has finished to read the first book.

I have my minor disappointments about the series that you wouldn't pick up on without having read the books first. The books are absolutely not disappointing.

So you may end up ruining the tv series for yourself slightly by reading the books and jumping ahead.

also blank picture is blank

My honest recommendation is to wait until after season one has finished to read the first book.

I have my minor disappointments about the series that you wouldn't pick up on without having read the books first. The books are absolutely not disappointing.

So you may end up ruining the tv series for yourself slightly by reading the books and jumping ahead.

also blank picture is blank

no picture... lol... just a big white space for added anticipation effect...

Game-of-Thrones-4-Copy-Boxed-Set-George-R-R-Martin-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire-Martin-George-R-R-9780345529053.jpg

3rd book clocks in at over 1200 pages in some editions I think.

1128 in the one I have. There's talk of splitting the 2nd and 3rd books into multiple seasons, or extending them several episodes.

Either is fine with me. Been waiting for the goddamned 5th book for 8 years now.

For you noobs, the 4th and 5th books were intended to be one book, but it would have clocked in at over 2000 pages. A publishing nightmare. So Martin opted to split them into two books, both books happening simultaneously, with 4th covering one set of characters, and the 5th covering the other set based on geographic location.

Should be interesting how they handle it if they make it to that point.

2.2 million watched the 2nd episode on HBO, with around 6 million watching overall, including repeats, steady numbers from last week. No upswing, but no downswing either.

Archived