• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Andy Dalton's red hair concerns one NFL team. Seriously

teeray

:lol:

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/4/19/2121610/report-andy-daltons-red-hair-concerns-one-nfl-team-seriously

Need proof of the silliness is running wild regarding the 2011 NFL Draft? Here's some for you:

Peter King of Sports Illustrated reports that one NFL team is concerned about TCU quarterback Andy Dalton having red hair.

"Has there ever been a red-headed quarterback in the NFL who's really done well?" a coach asked the media last week. "It sounds idiotic, but is there any way that could be a factor? We've wondered."

Really? Has the ginger meme truly gone so deep that it impacts NFL personnel men? As Rotoworld points out, red head quarterbacks don't have a lush NFL history. They sight Jeff Garcia (who I'd classify as strawberry blond at worst) and Todd Marinovich. Dubious company considering that Garcia was prematurely bald.

Update: As a reader points out, Carson Palmer also has Ronald McDonald locks.

Star-divide

So there you go. Peter King is seriously reporting that an NFL team is worried about the hair color of a quarterback prospect.

The 2011 NFL Draft starts on April 28. That date clearly can't get here soon enough.

Thanks to SidelineScouting.com for pointing out this ridiculousness. Make sure to buy their draft guide. It's only $5 you cheap skate.

If true, that is some ridiculous stuff. Could any team's front office really be that stupid?

However, I have to admit to some serious bias on this issue, as I'm the proud father of a 2 year old ginger (and future QB).

Edit: Careful Teeray. Don't think I can't call up Cam and and borrow his gun!

Archived